Need Help with Java Based Games

Vlazo

I'm not really sure where to put this thread, but I felt that I could get the best help here.

I just recently built a new computer, (less than three months old), and I have gotten some urges to download some older games like Old School, and Minecraft. However, it seems that I cannot launch them without some sort of fatal error. Runescape and Minecraft are the only two games that this has happened for, but additionally, they are the only non-steam games on my machine. They are also the only two Java based games, as far as I am aware on my machine. After hours of browsing both the Minecraft help site, and the Runescape/Runelite forums and githubs. I have figured out that it is most likely an issue with the way my file directory is set up, or a problem with Java itself.

7 minutes ago, Vlazo said:

some sort of fatal error

maybe try better description than that

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Given that it's Minecraft, is the error by any chance "Could not create the Java Virtual Machine Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit."? In that case, if you're running the jar file directly, try adding -Xmx 1024m or a larger number to the startup parameters, e.g. "java -jar -Xmx 1024m Minecraft.jar". Otherwise you'll need to provide more information, i.e. the exact error message.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB