Upgrade Advice?

IAmBlaZing

Current Rig:

• Quad Core AMD A8-7600 - Turbos to 3.8GHz
  • ASUS A68HM-K Motherboard
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM
  • GTX 1060 6GB
  • Cyberpower 400W PSU

Im looking to spend around £300 (GBP - Just under 400 USD according to google) and I put together this part list:

• AMD Ryzen Six Core (I'm probably going to pick up one of the new 3000 series when they are announced at CES so I can only guess at specs and pricing for this) - Around £100 - £120
  • Any ATX Motherboard that is compatible (Again, I can only guess at specs and pricing for this until more details come out at CES) - Around £70 - £90
  • 16GB of G.Skill NT Series DDR4-2133 RAM

Everything else would be kept the same.

I use the system mostly for gaming however I do some photo / video editing from time to time. I'm looking for advice on which parts to get so I don't end up wasting all my money on a system that isn't being used to it's full potential. I've been told by a few of my friends that I should just save more money and buy an Intel however I believe that AMD is the better choice due to their price. Would appreciate some feedback on this.

Thanks & Have a Merry Christmas, IAmBlaZing

Sounds great, the ram I would change to 16gb 3000mhz Corsair vengeance ddr4 ram, cause ryzen loves high ram frequencies.

I am faster than 80% of all snakes

cpu: AMD Fx-8350

motherboard: GIGABYTE 970 (am3+)

RAM: 16gb ddr3 adata

gpu: AMD xfx rx 560 2gb

psu: 500w

storage: 1tb hdd

I am what you call “budget gamer”

11 hours ago, YourCrush1234 said:

Sounds great, the ram I would change to 16gb 3000mhz Corsair vengeance ddr4 ram, cause ryzen loves high ram frequencies.

Thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind when I go to buy the parts, think they are only £10 more than the G.Skill so thats perfect ❤️