2x4GB vs 4GB+8GB (Dual Channel vs Capacity)

I'm planning on getting an Acer Predator Helios 300 here in Malaysia. Unfortunately, the local model only has 4GB of RAM compared to 8GB or maybe even 16GB in other models. Here are some specs of the laptop:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 4GB DDR4

Storage: 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD

Screen: 1080p 15.6" IPS 60Hz

So, here's the problem. Should I get another 8GB stick to increase my memory to 12GB or get another 4GB stick instead to take advantage of the dual channel memory configuration? I plan to game as well as do some light media editing in the future. Which will be more beneficial? Thanks! 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Media editing will make use of the dual channel memory bandwidth. So i'd just stick with the 4GB will you have have enough to get a 16GB dual Channel kit.

15 minutes ago, TopHatTom said:

Media editing will make use of the dual channel memory bandwidth. So i'd just stick with the 4GB will you have have enough to get a 16GB dual Channel kit.

No, I can't afford a 16GB kit. 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«