Need Advice

JacobKS

It took me for quite a while about deciding which CPU I'll be getting between the i7 9700k and i5 9600k and ended up choosing the i5. A few performance higher by the i7 is not the worth the price between the i5 when it comes to gaming.

About the motherboard Asus Rog Maximus XI Formula Z390 is it really that perfect for the i5 9600k? I just thought I love the LCD screen on the motherboard. But professionally is it good to pair it with the i5 9600K? The price of the motherboard is way more expensive than the CPU it self. Any other recommendation for the motherboard that it is wise to pair to i5 9600K? I don't care about the overkill, I just want to build a perfect gaming PC for the eyes of professionals the way that they will not think I am just basing on the price like I'll pick whatever it is expensive. I'll use a 2070 BTW.

Any recommendations for the motherboard? I prefer ASUS just for the sake of proprietary, or any other recommendations will be much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, JacobKS said:

I prefer ASUS just for the sake of proprietary, or any other recommendations will be much appreciated.

Do you have a certain budget for the overall system or specifically for the motherboard? Also, are there any specific features or requirements which you want in your new motherboard? There are a wide variety of boards from many manufacturers (with a wide variety of price points also, so having a price budget or range which you are looking within would help to eliminate some products which would either not have a certain feature/s or that would be priced too high.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

17 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Do you have a certain budget for the overall system or specifically for the motherboard? Also, are there any specific features or requirements which you want in your new motherboard? There are a wide variety of boards from many manufacturers (with a wide variety of price points also, so having a price budget or range which you are looking within would help to eliminate some products which would either not have a certain feature/s or that would be priced too high.

Yeah, I'm really not that picky with the features. I'm just gonna use it mostly for gaming, I mean all of the time and even turning my computer off very rarely which means almost 24hrs open like 24/7 open.

14 minutes ago, JacobKS said:

About the motherboard Asus Rog Maximus XI Formula Z390 is it really that perfect for the i5 9600k?

No, there are better options such as the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master and ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

17 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

No, there are better options such as the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master and ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate.

Thank you for that, I'll check on it.