Psu causing system instability?

Pkelexz

So i have a coolermaster b500 ver.2.My house has been having its ups and downs with power outage and my pc with an i3 6100 8gb ram and a gtx 1050ti has been a stuttering mess. i was wondering if the stutters are coming from my power supply or there is something wrong with my motherboard/cpu.(Gpu is not the problem because i just got the card 4 days ago)

Since when have you had these issues? Just because the card is new doesn't mean it can't be the problem.

33 minutes ago, Pkelexz said:

So i have a coolermaster b500 ver.2.My house has been having its ups and downs with power outage and my pc with an i3 6100 8gb ram and a gtx 1050ti has been a stuttering mess. i was wondering if the stutters are coming from my power supply or there is something wrong with my motherboard/cpu.(Gpu is not the problem because i just got the card 4 days ago)

PSUs can't cause stutters by and of themselves, but a GPU being throttled can.

Normally the system would shut down or reboot if the PSUs under-voltage lock-outs kick-in. But computers can be strange and I can't speak to the merits of Cooler Master as a PSU vendor as I've never owned one of their power supplies.

30 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

Since when have you had these issues? Just because the card is new doesn't mean it can't be the problem.

its been a while even with a gtx 750 that my friend gave me i still had those stutters

3 minutes ago, Pkelexz said:

its been a while even with a gtx 750 that my friend gave me i still had those stutters

Have you overclocked anything? How full is your storage? If it's not the GPU, I would look at the CPU. What are your temps?

16 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

Have you overclocked anything? How full is your storage? If it's not the GPU, I would look at the CPU. What are your temps?

I get 57 degrees max on the CPU and 59 max on GPU I don't run an overclock because my board doesn't support it. Maybe something got in the socket of the cpu?

3 hours ago, Pkelexz said:

I get 57 degrees max on the CPU and 59 max on GPU I don't run an overclock because my board doesn't support it. Maybe something got in the socket of the cpu?

That's exactly the problem my roommate just had, mysterious stutters that didn't correlate with temperature. He recently took his machine apart to upgrade the CPU cooler, checked it out, and indeed there was a smidge of dirt in there.

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?