Help: PC build!

AustinHedges

This is a video on how many case fans you need. Remember, this is just an approximation and does not necessarily mean that the same goes for your specific case. 

I personally prefer watercooling for CPUs, but that's personal preference I guess. There are good All-In-One solutions for CPUs if you want to check it out.

10 hours ago, MysteriousAeon said:

1 CAD is equal to 0.74 USD according to Google. OP said he has 1,500 CAD which makes around 1,102 USD. The builds we have provided have prices close to that number.

Which doesn't work IRL because different countries can have vastly different prices due to taxes and other factors. A simple change to PCPP CA just turned your rig to 2k CAD.

7 hours ago, AustinHedges said:

The 212 evo is overpriced, get a cryorig M9a or spend abit more on an arctic freezer 33 esports instead. The B450 K4 is much cheaper and better than the B450-F. Not sure why you're getting a pair of 60hz 1080p monitors when you have one already, get a 144hz monitor instead. also, you can get a 1070ti or vega 56/64 for that price.

@seon123 looks like that issue hasn't been fixed yet :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 hours ago, AustinHedges said:

If you get the 2600x you get a cpu cooler with hit. Why the two monitors? to be honest unless you are doing some extreme multitasking with numerous programs two monitors wont be necessary.

So I live in the United states. It seems your country is a bit more expensive. Also there are other 1070's out there that shouldn't cost $529. $529 is almost the cost of a 1080 or rx vega.

11 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

If you get the 2600x you get a cpu cooler with hit. Why the two monitors? to be honest unless you are doing some extreme multitasking with numerous programs two monitors wont be necessary.

So I live in the United states. It seems your country is a bit more expensive. Also there are other 1070's out there that shouldn't cost $529. $529 is almost the cost of a 1080 or rx vega.

Have always used two monitors, usually watch a stream or browse reddit on one, while I game on the other.
Yeah the USD > CAD is no good for me, i'll adjust it some more!

12 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Which doesn't work IRL because different countries can have vastly different prices due to taxes and other factors. A simple change to PCPP CA just turned your rig to 2k CAD.

The 212 evo is overpriced, get a cryorig M9a or spend abit more on an arctic freezer 33 esports instead. The B450 K4 is much cheaper and better than the B450-F. Not sure why you're getting a pair of 60hz 1080p monitors when you have one already, get a 144hz monitor instead. also, you can get a 1070ti or vega 56/64 for that price.

@seon123 looks like that issue hasn't been fixed yet :P

I added a 144hz monitor last night, I forgot about them completely at the time. searching all the parts you listed here, thank you again!

2 minutes ago, AustinHedges said:

Have always used two monitors, usually watch a stream or browse reddit on one, while I game on the other.

use your old monitor for that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

agreed for redditing and other things i would just use your old monitor

3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

use your old monitor for that.

I now get multi quoting haha, so fast on replies you guys rock

1 minute ago, AustinHedges said:

havent decided fully on a card yet

get a 144hz monitor with freesync and a Vega 56/64. otherwise it's fine.

1070 would be cheaper for him. Vega is unnecessary. Especially for the types of games im assuming he is going to be playing

18 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

1070 would be cheaper for him. Vega is unnecessary. Especially for the types of games im assuming he is going to be playing

a vega 56 is only $20 more than a 1070 while performing better and having freesync support.