PC for a friend

Australia - Programming, Graphic Design and Motion Design Build

renderTimingPixel.png

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

• Planning to use it for programming, graphic design and motion design. Programs include Visual Studio, VS Code, Adobe CC (in particular, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere). I would like to be able to do some casual gaming but not essential.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

• AU$1500 - $2000

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

• Within the next 6 months. (I know that your build will become out of date but I'd like to know what is possible within my budget today.)

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

• I already have a mouse and 1080p monitor. Basically I need the case and everything inside it. I'll need a good keyboard. I've only had experience with chiclets but I'd like something that isn't too noisy but good for productivity/coding.

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

• Melbourne, Australia

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

• Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor U2417H 23.8" 1080p

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

• Not sure - what would be the impacts if I decided to?

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

• 256 GB SSD would be ideal, with perhaps a 500 GB HDD, although that's not essential. If it's better value to get a 1 TB HDD then that'd be OK as well.

• Edit: I've been informed that Adobe CC products have support for CUDA acceleration. So it'd be preferable to have anything that is optimised for CC products.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

• I'd like the case to have a premium look in black. Size doesn't matter for me, so it can be a full size tower. Preferably no windows, although happy to have a window if it is cheaper. Don't care about LED lighting.

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

• Yes. Windows 10 Pro.

Extra info or particulars:

• I'd like to have the ability to upgrade parts in the future.

• The graphic/motion design work that I do is on the side - I don't do it full time but I do do it most days on the side. It doesn't need to be a beast, but good enough for me to do After Effects work with minimal lag.

• I might be moving to the UK in the future. How will the power supply be impacted by moving abroad? Both Australia and the UK's power grids are 50 Hz so I assume that it'll be OK?

The cost needs to be in AUD!!!

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P