Good microphone

Im_Ben

So I need a good microphone for gaming. It needs to not to pick up my keyboard. In the first period I'm just thinking to just put it on the desk, but in a month or so I will buy a desk mount for it. 

What's your budget?

Blue snowball is pretty good if you need high quality sound but it's around 100€
Modmic is more than enough for gaming (don't know the price but like 50 i think?)
or just headset mic if you're only gonna be talking with friends

There are ofc other desktop mics, just look around on youtube to see what fits ur budget :D

I second Blue's Snowball lineup. Although it's not rated too well overall, my brother has one and he's been pleased with it.

Here's a link to a website that does microphone reviews.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 hour ago, Crunken said:

What's your budget?

Blue snowball is pretty good if you need high quality sound but it's around 100€
Modmic is more than enough for gaming (don't know the price but like 50 i think?)
or just headset mic if you're only gonna be talking with friends

There are ofc other desktop mics, just look around on youtube to see what fits ur budget :D

My budget is around 100€, I can go a bit more if needed. Yeah, I'm mainly going for a desktop mic. 

1 hour ago, Imbellis said:

I second Blue's Snowball lineup. Although it's not rated too well overall, my brother has one and he's been pleased with it.

Here's a link to a website that does microphone reviews.

I've read up on some of the yeti's mics but feels like some people think it picks up a lot of the keyboard, but others don't. 

13 hours ago, Megabmin said:

I've read up on some of the yeti's mics but feels like some people think it picks up a lot of the keyboard, but others don't. 

Depends a bit on how loud your keyboard is. If you get a decent pop filter and a mic arm so it's not on the desk, it will pickup basically nothing, and if you're gonna edit the audio later you can remove a lot of background noise