Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Difference between cablemod B vs C Cablecombs

Jun Ishiwata

I'm trying to buy some cablecombs to fix my gpu power cables since they're quite ugly and sagging at the moment. I'm using a random cable extension kit at this moment and i don't know which set would fit the tickness of my cables. 
I'm using some clear cablecombs at this moment but i'm not quite happy with the result . i would like the cleanlyness of the cablemod ones.
Question is : 

-What are the sizes of those cablecombs?
-How do i better manage the cables of my gpu ? The distance that it has to travel makes them sag.
-If i get the Cablemod cable extension kit  with the pre-added cablecombs would those be enough for that distance ? I'm guessing not 

Kind regards.

2.jpg

cables.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

What are the sizes of those cablecombs?

Looks like compatibility depends on the cables that you choose. Not completely sure so maybe @CableMod can help.

How do i better manage the cables of my gpu ?

Maybe you can give them less slack.

If i get the Cablemod cable extension kit  with the pre-added cablecombs would those be enough for that distance ? I'm guessing not 

They would still be long hence the extension name. If you want exact size cables, custom cable would be the option but it will cost a lot.

Question for you: what fans are those?

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Looks like compatibility depends on the cables that you choose. Not completely sure so maybe @CableMod can help.

Maybe you can give them less slack.

They would still be long hence the extension name. If you want exact size cables, custom cable would be the option but it will cost a lot.

Question for you: what fans are those?

Well i'm not sure how to give them less slack. I could try by cabletieing them upwards but not too sure. And i know custom cables would be a lot and i've already spend too much on my setup lol. Those are coolermaster ll120 rgb's i'm still trying out all the different setups push/pull.  Going to turn around the bottom ones soon. 

1 minute ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

Well i'm not sure how to give them less slack.

Just pull them back into the back of the case so that there is less cable showing.

2 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

coolermaster ll120 rgb

I think you meant Corsair LL120 but I understand.

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Just pull them back into the back of the case so that there is less cable showing.

I think you meant Corsair LL120 but I understand.

Oh yeah sorry! i was looking at some cablemod kits for coolermaster psu's and my brain died for a sec :P 

27 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

You can also try something like this:

More pics here:

Thats  a nice setup man !

@Jun Ishiwata yeah the difference is compatibility - primarily with the 24-pin ATX cable as some PSUs have up to a 28-pin connector setup at the PSU end, while others have the more traditional 24-pin setup. So match the sleeving type (ModFlex/Paracord to ModFlex and ModMesh/Nylon to ModMesh), and series type appropriately, or if you went with extensions, just go with the C-Series AXi comb kit.

Or you could consider our pro cables with the preinstalled closed combs, these make cable management a breeze. :)

ggf2.jpg

17 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@Jun Ishiwata yeah the difference is compatibility - primarily with the 24-pin ATX cable as some PSUs have up to a 28-pin connector setup at the PSU end, while others have the more traditional 24-pin setup. So match the sleeving type (ModFlex/Paracord to ModFlex and ModMesh/Nylon to ModMesh), and series type appropriately, or if you went with extensions, just go with the C-Series AXi comb kit.

Or you could consider our pro cables with the preinstalled closed combs, these make cable management a breeze. :)

ggf2.jpg

i was considering those preinstalled closed combs but i've noticed that you guys only have 2 cablecombs per cable. since i have a long distance to clear i would want 5-6 to make it look perfect and snug. is there any way to do this ?

@Jun Ishiwata it's actually 3 on the PCI-E and 24-pin ATX, the EPS cable there's 2 though. 3 should be enough if you space it out evenly though even on lengthier runs as the pro cables are stiffer, and thicker and hold shape better. :)

Justin DeFina.jpg

9 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Jun Ishiwata it's actually 3 on the PCI-E and 24-pin ATX, the EPS cable there's 2 though. 3 should be enough if you space it out evenly though even on lengthier runs as the pro cables are stiffer, and thicker and hold shape better. :)

Justin DeFina.jpg

Thanks ! This must solve my problem