PC wont boot

gt1551

Hi all, before i start i just want to thank you in advance for your time.

So earlier this summer (june) I built a PC in my parents home. As a uni student I spend most my time in another country and just wanted a device to be able to use at home.

Between June and end of August everything worked wonderfully without a single issue. Then end august I had to return to studies and just came back yesterday. I went to turn on the PC today and it wouldnt boot.

The motherboard glows indicating there is some manner of power, however when using the on switch, nothing happens. The fans dont start spinning, it just remains completely as it is with a glowing motherboard. I tried the screwdriver start as well and nothing happened. I tried clear CMOS and start again, and nothing. I checked every cable, my RAM, my SSHD, and my gpu, and have removed and reinsterted them to have nothing change.

I suspect the PSU might be the issue but seeing as some form of power is being delivered to the motherboard to allow it to the rgb lights to function, i am very unsure.

To add, when using the screwdriver power-on technique, i heard something similar to a scrathing noise (of a duration of 1-2 seconds every 30 seconds), but could not pinpoint the source.

here is my partslist:

CPU: Ryzen 5 - 1600 (with stock cooler) @ 3.5 GHz

GPU: Asus gtx 1060 3g dual OC

RAM: 8gb (2x4) ballistix 2400mhz 

PSU: Corsair CX650M

MOBO: Asus strix b350-f

Case: Corsair Crystal 570x

SSHD: 2tb Firecudda

Other: 2 extra chassis 120 fans

Once again, thank you for all your time and help in advance.

Check your case connectors to the power switch on your motherboard. I don't suspect the PSU because as you said, there is lights going to the mobo.

2 hours ago, Blu3Jay said:

Check your case connectors to the power switch on your motherboard. I don't suspect the PSU because as you said, there is lights going to the mobo.

The connectors are fine, and besides using the screwdriver to boot failed as well, as mentioned above, so the pc should have booted even if the connectors weren’t functioning 

12 minutes ago, gt1551 said:

The connectors are fine, and besides using the screwdriver to boot failed as well, as mentioned above, so the pc should have booted even if the connectors weren’t functioning 

Check every capacitor on the board, and make sure to check EVERY CONNECTION to the board. If I were there in person I could diagnose it in an instant lol.

On a second note, if you know every component in the pc is fine, then you may have a bad board