Camera Buying Advice

So I have had a Sony a6000 for a little over a year now and it's starting to be annoying and I realize I want to get a new camera. The lack of a headphone jack, articulating screen, 4k video, and a few other minor things have made me want a new camera. I don't know about cameras outside of Nikon, Canon, and Sony and if other companies should be in consideration. I have around $700 to spend on a body and then I could spend around $400 more on a zoom lens. Please help

15 minutes ago, patrickkayak said:

So I have had a Sony a6000 for a little over a year now and it's starting to be annoying and I realize I want to get a new camera. The lack of a headphone jack, articulating screen, 4k video, and a few other minor things have made me want a new camera. I don't know about cameras outside of Nikon, Canon, and Sony and if other companies should be in consideration. I have around $700 to spend on a body and then I could spend around $400 more on a zoom lens. Please help

Are you looking for another mirrorless or a DSLR?

In that price range, especially if 4K video is a priority I would suggest a Panasonic GH4, they can be had lightly used or new on sale in the $700 range and lenses are cheap for m43 bodies. It will have a smaller sensor than your a6000 but the GH4 is a great camera for shooting 4K on the cheap, but not as good for shooting stills. If you prefer to stay with a Sony camera you will likely have to give up 4K for that price range, but you should be able to get quality 1080p with a used a7ii or similar (but will require more expensive full frame lenses). 

Nothing in that price range is likely to give you that. The only brands I can think of that offer at least some of those features are Canon and Panasonic and the former doesn't really offer 4k video. 

You could try the eos m50, or the g7 or a used gh4. M5 if you need AF, panasonic if you need a good 4k recording.

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

3 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

Are you looking for another mirrorless or a DSLR?

I don't care that much

7 hours ago, Minbari said:

In that price range, especially if 4K video is a priority I would suggest a Panasonic GH4, they can be had lightly used or new on sale in the $700 range and lenses are cheap for m43 bodies. It will have a smaller sensor than your a6000 but the GH4 is a great camera for shooting 4K on the cheap, but not as good for shooting stills. If you prefer to stay with a Sony camera you will likely have to give up 4K for that price range, but you should be able to get quality 1080p with a used a7ii or similar (but will require more expensive full frame lenses). 

Seconded. Panasonic and Canon are the only ones that really do the fully articulating screen and if 4k video is a must, then a GH4 would really fit the bill.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy