EdgeHTML vs Google? Ask 4 Linus

TheDucky94

Hi Guys and Linus,

Nowaday I constantly read rumors and facts that Google made Edge impossible to use and made Chrome much more reliable and better just because they were tricking with some hidden codes just for slowing Edge down.

What I read and understand.

Google creating hidden codes which making Edge to use more resources and drain more battery in laptops, more than chrome. This is something that only works when EdgeHTML engine try to load that page (youtube) but it does absolutely nothing in chrome so that's why users can find chrome a better browser. However I'm using Edge more than 3-5 years, I did use it when the name was project spartan. I love it because it's fast and quick and absolutely perfect except the lack of extensions but today I can use my favorite extensions so problem solved. BUT after this rumors everything clear. In edge, youtube works weird...gmail is just unusable and google also works weird. What's your opinion? I think it's absolutely unacceptable and I guess it's illegal.

20 minutes ago, Danikika94 said:

I guess it's illegal

YouTube is googles product. They can do whatever the fuck they want with the source code as long as the user accepts the TOS

41 minutes ago, Danikika94 said:

I think it's absolutely unacceptable and I guess it's illegal.

20 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

YouTube is googles product. They can do whatever the fuck they want with the source code as long as the user accepts the TOS

I think although technically legal, if true, it's morally wrong, in many ways.

I will only ever answer to the best of my ability - there is absolutely no promises that I will be correct. Or helpful. At all.

My toaster:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX770 2GB
Case: Some free Sharkoon case
Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB SSD | Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX750
Display(s): Acer framless 24" 1080p thing | Acer 22" 1600x900 thing
Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO | 2 x Corsair LL120 front intakes on radiator | 1 x Corsair LL120 rear exhaust
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex
Mouse: R.A.T 7
Sound: HyperX Cloud II headset | Creative EAX 5.1 speakers

28 minutes ago, MrJoosh said:

it's morally wrong

thats the issue we have. For them it's about profit not moral, sadly :/

1 hour ago, Danikika94 said:

Google creating hidden codes which making Edge to use more resources and drain more battery in laptops, more than chrome.

A small piece of "code" that was meant for other purposes broke the so-called "state-of-the-art" video acceleration of Edge, which is a non-vital feature; the videos still functioned as normal as if nothing was broken

🙂