Xiaomi Mi8 GCAM

IAR117

Hi all, I just had a thought. I've been seeing videos on youtube about people putting the Pixel 3's camera on other phones such as the Poco F1. I noticed that the Poco has the same lens as the Pixel 3, howver it lacks it's OIS. If I were to put GCAM on the Xiaomi Mi8, which has the same Pixel 3 camera, with the OIS which was lakcing in the Poco, will I be able to shots as good as the Pixel 3? Or does the Pixel 3 have some extra hardware which the Mi8 doesn't have? My aim is to get a camera as good as the Pixel 3 for half price becuase, in terms of performance, the Mi8 has the same chipset as the Pixel, so it's just the camera which I'm interested in. Thanks in advance :)

well, as a 1 day user of the mi 8, the camera is great. but it's the same as all 3 in hardware. the big difference is in software, and as far as I know that's still all in google's hands. correct me if i'm wrong, but you can't go pixel level with it, but you can get close

58 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, as a 1 day user of the mi 8, the camera is great. but it's the same as all 3 in hardware. the big difference is in software, and as far as I know that's still all in google's hands. correct me if i'm wrong, but you can't go pixel level with it, but you can get close

If the Mi8 has the same hardware, then surely, with the APK for the Pixel 3 app, shouldn't pictures look the same? Above is a demo of the Poco

Just now, IAR117 said:

If the Mi8 has the same hardware, then surely, with the APK for the Pixel 3 app, shouldn't pictures look the same? Above is a demo of the Poco

Honnestly I'm not sure. I always kept my warrenty on my phones...

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Honnestly I'm not sure. I always kept my warrenty on my phones...

Thanks for the help anyway, appreciate it ? oh and by the way i'm pretty sure installing an APK won't void your warranty

22 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Thanks for the help anyway, appreciate it ? oh and by the way i'm pretty sure installing an APK won't void your warranty

O, wait. only an APK? let me know when you succeed

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

O, wait. only an APK? let me know when you succeed

Oh I don't have the Mi8, just an A5 2017. I tried it on my phone but it wasn't officially supported and it didn't work because I used the S9 APK. If you have a Mi8, it is fully supported, there is a list of supported devices somehwere on XDA, I don't know where though

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

Oh I don't have the Mi8, just an A5 2017. I tried it on my phone but it wasn't officially supported and it didn't work because I used the S9 APK. If you have a Mi8, it is fully supported, there is a list of supported devices somehwere on XDA, I don't know where though

wait. does it override anything or is it just like a thrid party app?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

wait. does it override anything or is it just like a thrid party app?

Third party, so for example, when you double click the power button on m Samsung, you go to the default camera app, it doesn't change anything. think of it as something that you'd install from the play store, only as an APK instead

5 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Third party, so for example, when you double click the power button on m Samsung, you go to the default camera app, it doesn't change anything. think of it as something that you'd install from the play store, only as an APK instead

yeah, i installed apks before. i just wanted to keep the main app too