Slow internet

Franyer144

Hi, i have a 150mb/s internet, but when i download something from internet it download to 500kb/s, i have the same problem with origin, the weird thing is that steam download at 150mb/s so no problem there, i have a powerful pc, a cat6 ethernet cable, a gigabit ethernet motherboard, a gigabit port router and with speedtest i always obtain 150mb/s.

Help

What is it exactly that you download from internet with 500kb/s?

No signature found

5 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

What is it exactly that you download from internet with 500kb/s?

Everything, that's the speed in every page

Weird. You or your ISP might have enabled a proxy. Please try to use another proxy and see if it changes speeds.

No signature found

11 hours ago, RobbinM said:

Weird. You or your ISP might have enabled a proxy. Please try to use another proxy and see if it changes speeds.

I just remember that when i change my router the speed we're normal, but they last like 2 days, i found that really weard, should i call the ISP?

12 hours ago, RobbinM said:

This is my actual speed, but with gta for example i download at 500kb as i said before

15452349915437677749206977338920.jpg

15452351801192517036820056599726.jpg

2 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

Who is your ISP and where are you located?

And to what device are you downloading?

I'm from Chile, my ISP Is telefónica del sur

I'm downloading from my pc directly from ethernet cable (cat6)

5 minutes ago, Franyer144 said:

I'm from Chile, my ISP Is telefónica del sur

I'm downloading from my pc directly from ethernet cable (cat6)

Are downloading gta from steam?

Check in your download options from where you are downloading it.

Im guessing its a server issue, maybe try downloading something else from a different server and do speedtests from other ISPs servers to check for out of network throttling

1 hour ago, mtz_federico said:

Are downloading gta from steam?

Check in your download options from where you are downloading it.

Im guessing its a server issue, maybe try downloading something else from a different server and do speedtests from other ISPs servers to check for out of network throttling

I'm downloading gta from the app of rockstar, i don't have problems with steam, Is the only app that give me the correct speed

I guess you're a victim of traffic shaping of some kind. Can you try a VPN?

No signature found

4 hours ago, RobbinM said:

I guess you're a victim of traffic shaping of some kind. Can you try a VPN?

Let me get this right, Steam is the only app in which you can download stuff at the correct speed?

1 hour ago, mtz_federico said:

Let me get this right, Steam is the only app in which you can download stuff at the correct speed?

Yes

On 12/19/2018 at 6:09 PM, Franyer144 said:

Yes

Have you contacted your ISP about this issue?

Maybe they are slowing you down, try using a VPN.

Just because you get fast internet, does not mean everywhere you go online can get to you at that speed. If a website or service has potato's for servers or a slow connection to the outside world on their end, then the place you're downloading from can only get to you as fast as their own connection. If this is only issue you have, then I'd say all is normal. When I updated GTA it took its sweet old time. The update is still rather new so its possible there are loads of other users updating all at the same time. You'll just have to wait it out.

20 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Just because you get fast internet, does not mean everywhere you go online can get to you at that speed. If a website or service has potato's for servers or a slow connection to the outside world on their end, then the place you're downloading from can only get to you as fast as their own connection. If this is only issue you have, then I'd say all is normal. When I updated GTA it took its sweet old time. The update is still rather new so its possible there are loads of other users updating all at the same time. You'll just have to wait it out.

Yes, i know that, but like i said before, when i change my old router to this (a D-Link) i got good speeds in every page, but it last like 1-2 days and then it was slow again

I know with Netgear routers if I don't turn off logging it will slow down after a few days. If your router allows that level of control, clear all logs and turn them off. It should be under some sort of security or admin tab in your router settings.