Combining two hard drives windows 10

JackDoyne

Hi guys 

Seems a silly question 

I know you can combine two hard drives by striping them or whatever but i want to combine two drives of two different capacities

A 2TB and 1TB but keep the space on both if you get me so it'd equal 3TB or there about's after the system resevered stuff, any ideas? at the moment the size of the striped drive is the size of the largest drive   

pretty sure they have to be the same size.

-look at the best answer to get more details

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1967240/raid-sized-drives.html

i7-7820x delidded @4.8GHz | 4x8gb DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HydroCopper | Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 | Creative SoundBlaster Zx | EKWB X299 Monoblock | XFX Core Pro 1050W | Samsung 840 evo 500gb | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | WD Black 4TB & 6TB 7200rpm | Seagate 3TB 7200rpm | 3 x LG 25" 21:9 Ultrawide monitors | Acer 23" 1080p monitor | Corsair 900D obsidian | Monsoon Dual 5.25" Reservoir | Swiftech MCP655 | XSPC EX240 & AX480 Radiators | CableMod blue/black cable extensions | ModMyToys Black chrome blue carbon fiber compression fittings | Primochill Advanced LRT 7/16" ID 3/8" OD tubing | Alienware TactX keyboard | Logitech G500 mouse | Corsair MM300 mat | Logitech X530 5.1 Surround Sound | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster T16000 Flight stick and throttle controller | Logitech g920 wheel/pedals/6-speed shifter |

I think what you are looking to do is span the drives. In the case of spanning 2 or more drives they can be of differing sizes and data is written to one drive until it’s filled then continues writing to the second. In your case you would see 1 volume of 3tb.

A striped drive will require the drives to be of the same size.