Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Gaming Build

Peighton
 Share

I'm going to try and use the guideline that was set as best I can so receiving advice will be as easy as possible.

1. Budget and location 

I'm in the U.S. so I will be using USD$. My budget is going to be around $1500 but I already have some parts for the build. 

2. Aim 

I'm going to use this pc to do high-end gaming on 1080p or 1440p. I would also like to stream and record video's and I know that can be taxing. I would love to at least be able to upgrade to VR at some point or have it out the gate. 

3. Monitors 

I have zero monitors set up the only one I have right now isn't even 1080p so I need to get rid of it for something completely new. I am planning either starting with 1440p or upgrading to that when I get the money if that can't be fit into the build. I need 1080p at least and I plan on running 

4. Peripherals 

I already have all the peripherals I need and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. 

5. Reason for Upgrade 

My pc was build for around 800$ in 2016 and all the parts are starting to fall behind and I want to upgrade and I have been saving money all year.

6. Purchased parts

I already have some parts for this PC I already have my processor I have an Intel 8700k I also already have my storage and Ram I have a 1TB Samsung 960 Evo m.2, a 2TB Barracuda, and 16GB of Corsair RGB White. These parts are NOT included with the price I have 1500 USD left over after purchasing parts and want to know a great way to spend it.

7. Misc

I plan on having this PC for a long time so I want to be able to upgrade this with time and also I care about looks I am trying to go for a black and white theme with at least decent RGB on the inside they can be static lights because I only plan on using them as such. 

8. Thank you

I know that this is very particular and kind of asking for a lot but I want to be happy I'm not unwilling to go over budget but I would prefer to just upgrade later. I'm willing to give up certain things that I have asked for like VR support out the box but the main things that I want out the box is a cool looking pc that can game well on 1080 or 1440p. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Peighton said:

I'm going to try and use the guideline that was set as best I can so receiving advice will be as easy as possible.

1. Budget and location 

I'm in the U.S. so I will be using USD$. My budget is going to be around $1500 but I already have some parts for the build. 

2. Aim 

I'm going to use this pc to do high-end gaming on 1080p or 1440p. I would also like to stream and record video's and I know that can be taxing. I would love to at least be able to upgrade to VR at some point or have it out the gate. 

3. Monitors 

I have zero monitors set up the only one I have right now isn't even 1080p so I need to get rid of it for something completely new. I am planning either starting with 1440p or upgrading to that when I get the money if that can't be fit into the build. I need 1080p at least and I plan on running 

4. Peripherals 

I already have all the peripherals I need and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. 

5. Reason for Upgrade 

My pc was build for around 800$ in 2016 and all the parts are starting to fall behind and I want to upgrade and I have been saving money all year.

6. Purchased parts

I already have some parts for this PC I already have my processor I have an Intel 8700k I also already have my storage and Ram I have a 1TB Samsung 960 Evo m.2, a 2TB Barracuda, and 16GB of Corsair RGB White. These parts are NOT included with the price I have 1500 USD left over after purchasing parts and want to know a great way to spend it.

7. Misc

I plan on having this PC for a long time so I want to be able to upgrade this with time and also I care about looks I am trying to go for a black and white theme with at least decent RGB on the inside they can be static lights because I only plan on using them as such. 

8. Thank you

I know that this is very particular and kind of asking for a lot but I want to be happy I'm not unwilling to go over budget but I would prefer to just upgrade later. I'm willing to give up certain things that I have asked for like VR support out the box but the main things that I want out the box is a cool looking pc that can game well on 1080 or 1440p. 

just a question why would you buy some parts first and some later? deals? you already own them?

 

if not, then it is not a very wise choice

 

anyway, take a look at this

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MFbT9J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

just a question why would you buy some parts first and some later? deals? you already own them?

 

if not, then it is not a very wise choice

 

anyway, take a look at this

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MFbT9J

They were gifts for my birthday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($140.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($239.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($704.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.10 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1234.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-16 21:34 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Peighton said:

They were gifts for my birthday.

get the 2080 ti if you can afford it

 

11 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($140.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($239.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($704.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.10 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1234.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-16 21:34 EST-0500

I'd prefer a bitfenix formula or whisper m for PSU

 

even though that PSU isn't bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×