Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Gaming Build

Peighton

I'm going to try and use the guideline that was set as best I can so receiving advice will be as easy as possible.

1. Budget and location 

I'm in the U.S. so I will be using USD$. My budget is going to be around $1500 but I already have some parts for the build. 

2. Aim 

I'm going to use this pc to do high-end gaming on 1080p or 1440p. I would also like to stream and record video's and I know that can be taxing. I would love to at least be able to upgrade to VR at some point or have it out the gate. 

3. Monitors 

I have zero monitors set up the only one I have right now isn't even 1080p so I need to get rid of it for something completely new. I am planning either starting with 1440p or upgrading to that when I get the money if that can't be fit into the build. I need 1080p at least and I plan on running 

4. Peripherals 

I already have all the peripherals I need and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. 

5. Reason for Upgrade 

My pc was build for around 800$ in 2016 and all the parts are starting to fall behind and I want to upgrade and I have been saving money all year.

6. Purchased parts

I already have some parts for this PC I already have my processor I have an Intel 8700k I also already have my storage and Ram I have a 1TB Samsung 960 Evo m.2, a 2TB Barracuda, and 16GB of Corsair RGB White. These parts are NOT included with the price I have 1500 USD left over after purchasing parts and want to know a great way to spend it.

7. Misc

I plan on having this PC for a long time so I want to be able to upgrade this with time and also I care about looks I am trying to go for a black and white theme with at least decent RGB on the inside they can be static lights because I only plan on using them as such. 

8. Thank you

I know that this is very particular and kind of asking for a lot but I want to be happy I'm not unwilling to go over budget but I would prefer to just upgrade later. I'm willing to give up certain things that I have asked for like VR support out the box but the main things that I want out the box is a cool looking pc that can game well on 1080 or 1440p. 

9 minutes ago, Peighton said:

I'm going to try and use the guideline that was set as best I can so receiving advice will be as easy as possible.

1. Budget and location 

I'm in the U.S. so I will be using USD$. My budget is going to be around $1500 but I already have some parts for the build. 

2. Aim 

I'm going to use this pc to do high-end gaming on 1080p or 1440p. I would also like to stream and record video's and I know that can be taxing. I would love to at least be able to upgrade to VR at some point or have it out the gate. 

3. Monitors 

I have zero monitors set up the only one I have right now isn't even 1080p so I need to get rid of it for something completely new. I am planning either starting with 1440p or upgrading to that when I get the money if that can't be fit into the build. I need 1080p at least and I plan on running 

4. Peripherals 

I already have all the peripherals I need and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. 

5. Reason for Upgrade 

My pc was build for around 800$ in 2016 and all the parts are starting to fall behind and I want to upgrade and I have been saving money all year.

6. Purchased parts

I already have some parts for this PC I already have my processor I have an Intel 8700k I also already have my storage and Ram I have a 1TB Samsung 960 Evo m.2, a 2TB Barracuda, and 16GB of Corsair RGB White. These parts are NOT included with the price I have 1500 USD left over after purchasing parts and want to know a great way to spend it.

7. Misc

I plan on having this PC for a long time so I want to be able to upgrade this with time and also I care about looks I am trying to go for a black and white theme with at least decent RGB on the inside they can be static lights because I only plan on using them as such. 

8. Thank you

I know that this is very particular and kind of asking for a lot but I want to be happy I'm not unwilling to go over budget but I would prefer to just upgrade later. I'm willing to give up certain things that I have asked for like VR support out the box but the main things that I want out the box is a cool looking pc that can game well on 1080 or 1440p. 

just a question why would you buy some parts first and some later? deals? you already own them?

if not, then it is not a very wise choice

anyway, take a look at this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MFbT9J

20 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

just a question why would you buy some parts first and some later? deals? you already own them?

if not, then it is not a very wise choice

anyway, take a look at this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MFbT9J

They were gifts for my birthday.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($140.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($239.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($704.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.10 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1234.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-16 21:34 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

13 hours ago, Peighton said:

They were gifts for my birthday.

get the 2080 ti if you can afford it

11 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($140.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($239.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($704.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.10 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1234.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-16 21:34 EST-0500

I'd prefer a bitfenix formula or whisper m for PSU

even though that PSU isn't bad