Hello!

I am wanted to build a a PC for under 900$. I would like it to have at least a GTX 1060 6gb or a RX 580 8gb, preferably the GTX 1060. I want the system to be able to run games like GTA 5 at 60fps+, Fortnite at 100(ish) fps, and any game at 60fps+ (all in 1080p). This build is including the PC itself, the monitor (needs to be 144hz), and the keyboard. So far I have this 

If you can help me with this build by finding cheaper parts with the same or better performance and quality. Thank so much for helping me and have a great day.                                                                                                  PS: this is my first build

Oof, that is tricky. Have you considered buying used hardware or using old hardware instead of new? Like the keyboard, monitor and graphics card maybe? Its difficult because it easily becomes a game of hit or miss with used tech. It's just super important that if buying used tech online, they have a return policy that isn't dumb.

Also, I noticed you also need an operating system for your computer. I was able to buy a windows 10 pro key for 10$ on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windows-10-Pro-Professional-license-activation-key-code-32-64-BIT/223201660931?epid=28027052691&hash=item33f7db1003:g:a8EAAOSwp7Rb-KWy:rk:2:pf:0

It was really sketchy, but it worked and I got my product key, and its still working.

Buying used is also nice because it can expand your budget for possible old good tech. For example, this razer keyboard 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Razer-BlackWidow-Ultimate-2014-Elite-RZ03-00384600-R3U1-Wired-Keyboard/132886410165?epid=242651032&hash=item1ef0a5b3b5:g:RtUAAOSwg-tcEWqM:rk:4:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

is 32$ and I have had this keyboard for the past forever and love it, and you'd be saving 7$. Like i said, just make sure it has a good return policy.

Edited by StyvyStiefel
more stuff to say

34 minutes ago, Orbity said:

Had to fix some things, cheaper isn't happening unless you buy the CPU used on the cheap, maybe with a motherboard from someone local, though the ASrock Pro 4 and MSI Tomahawk B450 boards are the minimum I'd suggest buying.

No reason to get the 1060 with the RX 570/580 being so cheap and coming with free games, in addition to your monitor being free-sync.

The acer display here has a better for daily use VA panel instead of a TN panel

That is the sketchiest SSD ever, does it even have a DRAM cache? probably just get the 860 evo while it's cheap

Don't buy the cheapest PSU either

Also don't trust mail in rebates to actually work, you should turn them off. You can just live without a case for a while to make your budget.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6JmxQZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6JmxQZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.72 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: *Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: *XFX - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card  ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer - ED242QR Abidpx 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($188.87 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Gigabyte - FORCE K83 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($39.40 @ Amazon)
Other: Hitachi Deskstar E7K1000 1 Terabyte (1TB) SATA/300 7200RPM 32MB Hard Drive  ($36.00)
Total: $973.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-16 04:32 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thanks for the helpful replies, are used gpu's and cpu's on ebay worth it?

1 minute ago, Orbity said:

Thanks for the helpful replies, are used gpu's and cpu's on ebay worth it?

Probably just CPUs, given that new RX 570s/580s are so cheap, and come with 2 free games

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Probably just CPUs, given that new RX 570s/580s are so cheap, and come with 2 free games

So if i get a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU on ebay will it be a good move? Is there any big risks with getting ebay CPU's? Thanks again.

Also I really want to get it under 900, are ebay GPU's worth it? Are there any big risks with ebay GPU's?

Edited by Orbity

2 minutes ago, Orbity said:

So if i get a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU on ebay will it be a good move? Is there any big risks with getting ebay CPU's? Thanks again.

As long as the seller looks good it's probably fine

More likely you can find R5 1400/1500X/1600 CPUs for like $100 sometimes

Spoiler