Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help?

LuckyOne

So I wanted to know if I would be okay if I put in a gtx 1050 ti into my rig, which has a amd a4 7300 3.8ghz. I also need to know what kind of wattage I should need.

What power supply do you have?

Your CPU will most likely bottleneck your GPU, so keep that in mind.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

I believe I have a 500 or 600 wattage power supply. And what can I do to decrease the bottleneck, or should I invest into a better cpu @Crunchy Dragon

3 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

I believe I have a 500 or 600 wattage power supply. And what can I do to decrease the bottleneck, or should I invest into a better cpu @Crunchy Dragon

Even the top end CPUs on the FM2 platform aren't that good, I would personally save up a couple hundred and make the jump to Ryzen.

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Even the top end CPUs on the FM2 platform aren't that good, I would personally save up a couple hundred and make the jump to Ryzen.

Well so the power supply would be good for the gpu, but which Ryzen do you recommend for someone like me on a budgets, such as under 200. Im trying to do a build currently and dont have much of a budget left 

Just now, LuckyOne said:

Well so the power supply would be good for the gpu, but which Ryzen do you recommend for someone like me on a budgets, such as under 200. Im trying to do a build currently and dont have much of a budget left 

There's not much you can get in terms of Ryzen for $200.

I'd recommend hunting the used market for a 4th gen Core i5/i7 and motherboard bundle. Those are usually pretty cheap, if the sellers are decent people.

200$ will get you a B450 mobo with a Ryzen 3 2300. But for 200$ just for the processor, you can get a 2600. But save up for the 2600, it's a way better investment.

15 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

Ryzen 5 2600?    @Crunchy Dragon

I was looking on amazon, and they are just under 200.

The 2600 is really solid, provided you can afford a decent b450 board

Just now, _d0nut said:

The 2600 is really solid, provided you can afford a decent b450 board

I was actually thinking. I don't know much about computers and I don't want to brick my system, so I have another pc that has an i5, asus motherboard and a hd already, so I think Ill put the gtx in there, get an ssd and buy a new case for it 

8 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

I was actually thinking. I don't know much about computers and I don't want to brick my system, so I have another pc that has an i5, asus motherboard and a hd already, so I think Ill put the gtx in there, get an ssd and buy a new case for it 

What i5 is it? most i5’s should work with a 1050ti, especially if its overclockable

Just now, _d0nut said:

What i5 is it? most i5’s should work with a 1050ti, especially if its overclockable

440k I think or something like that 

2 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

440k I think or something like that 

4690k?

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

4690k?

I believe so, if not near that. 

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

4690k?

right now I have  a gt 1030 in it 

6 hours ago, LuckyOne said:

I believe so, if not near that. 

That should be perfectly fine for a 1050Ti. Make sure the power supply has adequate wattage 

9 hours ago, _d0nut said:

That should be perfectly fine for a 1050Ti. Make sure the power supply has adequate wattage 

how much wattage is it?

On 12/17/2018 at 5:41 AM, LuckyOne said:

how much wattage is it?

You can go onto pcpartpicker and put your specs on it, it will tell you wattage required.