New Speakers

PenguinMaster

My uncle just told me he wants some new speakers. He says he wants to spend around $750 per speaker. (Yes I know that's insane, I thought the same thing). Also I don't know much about speakers in that price range. I would also like to switch him to xlr audio if possible.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Assuming you're talking 750 USD here, that amount actually isn't that expensive depending on the speakers he's looking for. What's his purpose and setup? Is it a surround sound home theater setup or is it for a pc? 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

1 minute ago, Airdragonz said:

Assuming you're talking 750 USD here, that amount actually isn't that expensive depending on the speakers he's looking for. What's his purpose and setup? Is it a surround sound home theater setup or is it for a pc? 

Surround Sound

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Have him check out the Focal Chorus 716 or the Bowers & Wilkins 600 series speakers. Both are great, mid to high end speakers and will work great in a surround sound system. Those are just some ideas. He should really go to some speaker stores and give em a listen himself. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Go to your local store and look at the different speakers in different price ranges.  Klipsch is great.  They sell some expensive but quality sh*T.  Look at link below.

Klipsch pro media 5.1 THX  .  800 dollars....

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

I have a strong recommendation for the KEF LS50's. I saw a pair going for $1,000 USD new the other day. The remaining funds should get him a decent amplifier.

If you want to keep stepping up the game, the Power Sound Audio speakers are top notch, massive speakers... but they do require a subwoofer. The SVS Ultra series are also very good speakers.

With that high of a budget, you should stay away from big box brands like B&W or Klipsch or Bose. You are paying way too much for the badge and not enough for the quality.

9 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Klipsch is great.  They sell some expensive but quality sh*T.  Look at link below.

Klipsch pro media 5.1 THX  .  800 dollars....

Careful... these aren't full range speakers and the sound is highly dispersed by design. The imaging is awful. I used to owner a pair and they are specifically for side and rear surround. They might make decent over head speakers for Atmos. But these do not belong in front of you.