Frustrating Print Problem (amazon)

JokerProduction
Go to solution Solved by JokerProduction,

Finally got it working.  Oddly enough I had to remove the color cartridge.  It would print its own test page just fine but when I used one from the internet it would have issues when printing the lighter gradients.  Removing the color cartridge put it into single cartridge mode and would print properly.

I'm at wits end here I don't have any more ideas on what to do and probably wasted a half bundle of paper.  I've previously returned multiple items from amazon with no issues.

Ordered some items off amazon from a third party that was international.  What I received was not what I ordered.  Contacted the seller and he says keep them and I'll refund you 40$ (<20% of total price)  or return for full refund.  As the item is not something I could even use I said I would like a refund.  Did the request a refund through the amazon website.  2days later i get the email from amazon that the label is available.  Seems pretty standard click the button that says print button & instructions, look at the print preview and print.

Everything prints properly Except for the text within the return label.   In the print preview it looks fine but once printed out its completely faded and illegible.  anything else i print out print perfectly fine.

I've tried with no success.

-Cranking up the dpi setting of the printer and turning it to best quality

-Printing in greyscale

-Using the snipping tool and printing from that.

-Putting it into paint and enlarging it printing just part of it.

-Tried a different printer

Is this some new form of scam where you pay for something, then ship a much cheaper item and then give you a label that is unusable so you can't return it or it gets lost in transport and they don't have to refund you?  Its so wierd that it shows up in print preview legible but once printed is next to impossible to read.  Few other red flags that strike me.  Is he put some random gmail address under my address in the shipper box of the form.  The declared value is only marked as 58.99 yet paid almost 4x that.  and nowhere does it say what shipping company I'm suppose to use to send it back.  Also its suppose to be prepaid but their is a big box saying postage required.

Heres a picture of what I get when i print directly from the amazon page.

FdYB8zb.jpg

and heres the best attempt at getting it to print properly.

NyWZEFi.jpg

and here is a screen capture from the print preview where it is completely legible.

1wSHg8r.png

I've emailed him but don't expect an answer anytime soon.  His English was horrendous when I first contacted him.

seemed to work fine for me, something wrong with your printer I guess

0.jpg

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Finally got it working.  Oddly enough I had to remove the color cartridge.  It would print its own test page just fine but when I used one from the internet it would have issues when printing the lighter gradients.  Removing the color cartridge put it into single cartridge mode and would print properly.