Windows disk manager

madmecca75

Is windows disk manager is full format enough to get rid of suspected virus. I am doing clean re install on ssd so that's wiped completely is that correct and have done full format on the hdd does this mean I should be all safe now thanks in advance

Cheers for the help.I know this might make me look dumb but other places I looked at said you could have a virus still hiding in ram/ VRAM and In cache of hdd. Is this just people trying to scare people as I thought ram and cache are emptied when computer is powered off

Is windows disk manager is full format enough to get rid of suspected virus. I am doing clean re install on ssd so that's wiped completely is that correct and have done full format on the hdd does this mean I should be all safe now thanks in advance

Should be fine, so long as the system doing the format was not infected.

I highly recommend installing & updating an anti-virus program (there are several good no cost ones around) as the first item following the o/s installation. Installing an anti-malware program like MalwareBytes should also happen at some point early in the life of the system.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.