That was my build until 1 week ago

core i5-6600k (oc @4.3)

gtx 1050ti

2x8gb ddr4 @2133mhz

msi z170m

deepcool 500w 80+ bronze

and it was running pretty well.. 

so i sold my 1050ti and bought a 1080ti

now im getting some performance issues..

like im getting low fps in games, not stable fps but dropping on times

for example: with the 1050ti i was playing PUBG with ~80 fps and it was kinda stable

now with the same graphic settings im getting again 80 fps but it drops down do 50-40 and im experiencing lags

i get it that my PSU is kinda weak, but can it be the reason for all that ? 

im wondering what is causing this - my cpu is bottlenecking (its loaded 100% while gpu is 20-30% which in my opinion is bottleneck as far as i know)

or its caused by the weak PSU?

is it possible that the gpu is damaged or not working properly somehow ?

ughh so many questions dude..

however i'll be happy if somebody can help me

I tried both last one and the one before..

If u got any suggestions i can try

Whatever one it is, don't use the latest 412.22 or something like that. It's cutting performance. Probably is a bottleneck. You could try to underclock the card to the same frequencies as the 1050 ti and then see if that stops the spikes. If it does then it's a bottleneck.

Yreah i forgot to test this..

Im gonna try it tommorow and im gonna message the result..

Thanks for the help

Any orher advices are welcome

Edit: i just took a look, the last driver is 417.22 and im using it, so im gonna try with 416 and underclocking. See what happens

Edit2: i can also give it a try on my 4k tv to see hows it going there?

2 hours ago, whitewolftbc said:

or its caused by the weak PSU?

is it possible that the gpu is damaged or not working properly somehow ?

Could be. 500W for a 1080ti is borderline acceptable. That card could easily use up more power than that and it's usually recommended to have at least 600W for it. So if your system shuts down randomly one day, that will be because it consumed more power than it could output. But it's unlikely to be the cause of your issue, low power doesn't cause performances issues, it shut downs the computer.

As for the GPU being damaged, that is also a possibility. Just like how it could be a borked driver.

Did you use DDU to uninstall your display driver? If not, use it. (Boot into safe mode to use it) Have your new driver ready to install right away after it reboots once it's uninstalled.

As a last ditch effort if nothing works, you could potentially, if you have a spare hard drive, unplug your current OS drive, plug the spare and install Windows 10 on it to test if there's still performances issues. If so, the problem is your Windows install. If not, just unplug that spare drive and plug back in your OS drive that way you haven't lost anything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

it is restarting itself randomly even now.. i know my psu is weak and i ordered a new one..the question is if the psu is causing all this..which in my opinion is not the problem 

i underclocked as lower as i can - core 1556 and memory arround 5100mhz

i can feel some difference, which means a total bottleneck ?!?

i dont think i should even try older drivers etc. ?!?

im gonna probably go for a 7700k so i dont have to change my mobo

do you guys think it will be good enough?

Quick question is your monitor a 144hz or a stock 60hz? The reason i ask is i see a lot of people with 60hz monitors not using frame rate limiters or v sink and so forth so they run their systems full out but really are not getting any benifit out of it and just waisting power and beating up their hardware. Cpu gets so overworked feeding a high end gpu that cant display to the monitor it runs out of head room for other tasks.