SATA Power Cable

Meet8939
Go to solution Solved by Cereal5,

Yes, that is a molex to SATA power (obviously, it says that). molex was used on older HDDs before SATA power became standard. You can convert it just fine.

I am planning to buy a new SSD for my PC, but I have run out of all the SATA power cables coming through my Power Supply but I see some other kind of power cable (like the one showed in the image of the product) hanging there with no use at all and was searching for some adapter for it to power an SSD and found this on Amazon. I am not sure that this is a right connector and will it work with an SSD, so please take a look at it and let me know.

LINK: https://www.amazon.in/Storite-6inch-Power-Cable-Adaper/dp/B00LZP7UIE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1544259280&sr=8-6&keywords=sata+power+cable 

Yes, that is a molex to SATA power (obviously, it says that). molex was used on older HDDs before SATA power became standard. You can convert it just fine.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

It will work do not worry

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

On 12/8/2018 at 2:32 PM, Void Master said:

It will work do not worry

On 12/8/2018 at 2:31 PM, Cereal5 said:

Thanks for the help!