Looking for good pair of gaming headphones/headset

drake19899

Looking for good pair of gaming headphones/headset the mic quality does not matter since I will be using a separate  mic. I don’t really have a budget but I would prefer sub $300

4 minutes ago, Velcade said:

if you have a separate mic no need to look at headsets.  Get a nice pair on Open Back headphones.  Massdrop and Sennheiser have a great pair going on right now.  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

I am kind more in to closed back and have never had a pair of open back how do these headphone work with 7.1 surround sound

7 minutes ago, Velcade said:

if you have a separate mic no need to look at headsets.  Get a nice pair on Open Back headphones.  Massdrop and Sennheiser have a great pair going on right now.  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

Do you have any thoughts on the 

Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium Limited-Edition Black

Open Headphones are designed to allow some outside noise to mix with the headphones' output.  Many prefer the open natural sound (think listening to speakers in a room) rather than the isolated sound of closed headphones. Open headphones are more comfortable with lighter pressure on the ear area. However they do allow sound to leak out, therefore people around you may be able to hear what you are listening to.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

4 minutes ago, drake19899 said:

Do you have any thoughts on the 

Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium Limited-Edition Black

wait... didn't you just say you prefer closed cans?  I've never experienced the DT990s before but they seem solid from the specs and reviews.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"