First build

LaughingDead

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to build my first computer, and was hoping to get some feedback. Anyways, here's my parts list:

(2 x) Corsair - SP140 49.49 CFM 140mm Fans

Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Corsair - Crystal 280X MicroATX Mid Tower Case

Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Mini Video Card

Silicon Power - A55 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Hitachi - Ultrastar 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Asus - ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

CRYORIG - C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor

I know my GPU choice is grossly underpowered, but I ran out of money. The plan is to upgrade in a few months. Aside from graphics, do I need anything else/different?

EDIT: I know my CPU and motherboard are way overpowered for simply gaming, but I wanted a solid foundation to support major upgrading in the future. The price difference from "basic" to mid-tier is small enough I'd rather spend extra $$$ now and save myself the trouble of upgrading them in the future. (My EXTENSIVE 45 minutes of research found these two parts are the biggest pain to swap out)

I would get a Ryzen 3 and bump my GPU to a 1060 3GB it shouldent bottleneck much.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Spend less on SSD, RAM, Mobo, and ditch the coolelr then get a much better GPU. Then you won't have to upgrade at all in the coming months/years.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

7 minutes ago, Dubious Gaming: bl4z3 said:

I would get a Ryzen 3 and bump my GPU to a 1060 3GB it shouldent bottleneck much.

Why buy a MUCH weaker CPU to get just a 1060 3gb lul. When OP can cut back on other parts that aren't as important to the gaming experience (assuming it's what OP does with his PC).

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

13 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Spend less on SSD, RAM, Mobo, and ditch the coolelr then get a much better GPU. Then you won't have to upgrade at all in the coming months/years

My intent is to build a system that will take me way into the future, with only a couple upgrades every few years. I'm hoping this is a solid system that will manage games through 2023 with only graphics upgrades.

8 minutes ago, LaughingDead said:

My intent is to build a system that will take me way into the future, with only a couple upgrades every few years. I'm hoping this is a solid system that will manage games through 2023 with only graphics upgrades.

You won't need a 512 ssd nor a strix motherboard for that. What's your entire budget for the build?

Well....$150/month til it Powers up. ?

No real budget cap, just buying parts monthly. Wanna build an awesome system for gaming, my wife's college work, my kids to play ( they wanna be youtubers (eye roll))