I Need Help!

ReynoldV

I just built my first pc but my pc keeps shutting down by itself after being on for a few minutes. I know it's not because of heat as the cpu is only heating up to 40C. I'm just really confused and frustrated with my pc especially after saving up the money to build the pc only for it to not work properly. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

Please be more specfic! What are your PC's specs?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Without any knowledge of the specs we can't really pinpoint a specific problem. However, it would seem the culprit might be the PSU. Make sure you have a sufficient enough PSU to power your system. Are you getting any blue screens of death?

Are you sure you just don't have your power saving settings to turn your HD off after x amount of time?

Okay so I'm running an amd athlon x4 950 paired with a gt 1030 with 8 gb of ddr4. My power supply is an EVGA 500W Bronze.

Im also not getting any BSOD. it just shuts down. Like if you were to just hold the power button or yank the cord.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, ReynoldV said:

I just built my first pc but my pc keeps shutting down by itself after being on for a few minutes. I know it's not because of heat as the cpu is only heating up to 40C. I'm just really confused and frustrated with my pc especially after saving up the money to build the pc only for it to not work properly. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

Try unplugging all of the power cables and plugging them back in again. Something might be loose.

4 hours ago, ReynoldV said:

Okay so I'm running an amd athlon x4 950 paired with a gt 1030 with 8 gb of ddr4. My power supply is an EVGA 500W Bronze.

What model motherboard do you have? Are you able to return the parts you bought? You could return the Athlon X4 950 and GT1030 and get a Ryzen 2200G with integrated vega graphics which will perform better and cost less.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

All the cables are plugged in well and the motherboard is an Asrock B450M-hdv motherboard

On 12/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, Spotty said:

Try unplugging all of the power cables and plugging them back in again. Something might be loose.

What model motherboard do you have? Are you able to return the parts you bought? You could return the Athlon X4 950 and GT1030 and get a Ryzen 2200G with integrated vega graphics which will perform better and cost less.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, Spotty said:

All the cables are plugged in well and the motherboard is an Asrock B450M-hdv motherboard. The graphics card was given to me by a friend as he was upgrading.

Nevermind i fixed the issue