Color testing software

Tyrus knapp

What soft ware does Linus use to test the monitors and TVs. Also if it costs does anyone know of a good free version that I could use.

6 minutes ago, Tyrus knapp said:

What soft ware does Linus use to test the monitors and TVs. Also if it costs does anyone know of a good free version that I could use.

They use a device for that, which comes with the software. You can't just download it and have it work.

There is pretty much no doing it for free, unless you manually calibrate the monitor by eye, and that isnt too precise.

Linus has an device you attach to your screen which measures the display colors.

There is no way to do it with only software, because the computer has no idea how the monitor displays the image the computer sends it. So some hardware is needed that measures the color values on the screen itself.

But if you have a photography store nearby you probably can rent such a device for pretty cheap, like 50$.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Oh ok. I am trying to test my m monitor to make my sure my css is correct for my website. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrus knapp said:

Oh ok. I am trying to test my m monitor to make my sure my css is correct for my website. 

Then you have no need for professional color calibration.

Just follow this guide and eyeball it:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/all_tests.php

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.