Frame Drops on BFV

Dezzin

Greetings fellow gamers! I play Battlefield V since the launch and I have problems with the FPS. The problem is this: All settings are on low for max perfomance at 1440p average frame rate 50-70 and sometimes 90-100 fps but many times big frame drops at 30-40 fps for 1-3 seconds. I then changed the res at 1080p but i get the exact same fps average. no difference at all same frame drops etc. My pc config is a Maximus V Extreme, Intel 3770K running at 3.9GHZ  and a Asus ROG STRIX 1070 OC edition the game is Installed in a SSD. The CPU usage while gaming is 100%... Is this CPU bottlenecking the GPU? 

How much RAM do you have? Also might be CPU bottlenck since that i7 is pretty old

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

How much RAM do you have?

Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 at 2400MHz

1 minute ago, Dezzin said:

Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 at 2400MHz

Monitor CPU and GPU usage then. If you see GPU usage drops while CPU is at 100%, then it's most likely a CPU bottleneck. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

12 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Monitor CPU and GPU usage then. If you see GPU usage drops while CPU is at 100%, then it's most likely a CPU bottleneck. 

Thanks I just need to be sure because all the rest of the games are playing fine and i am thinking of upgrading  the PC with a Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming a Intel Core i5-9600K, 32GB of DDR4 and a new Corsair CPU watercooling system... but this will cost around 1000 euro and i needed to be sure about the CPU bottlenecking the GPU :)

CPU Usages SHOULD NOT STAY at 100% in Battlefield 5 on YOUR CURRENT setup.

It should be between 60-100%, usually around 70-85%, for the most part, you "should" be GPU bound even at 1080p.

Investigate this first.

I've just checked Youtube BF5 i7 3770 videos and this is not a common issue your having with this CPU.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%3D&search_query=battlefield+5+i7+3770+1070

Do you KILL browsers and other whatever programs..... your PC has running before Gaming? (Motherboard Program/Softwares?)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz