Nintendo Switch

lka
Go to solution Solved by Faruko,

As a Switch owner, you can just plug the included charger directly into the Switch or just use the dock solely for charging. You can charge the Switch without the dock but you'd have to leave the machine flat on the table since the port is at the bottom

I am getting a new Nintendo Switch and  I dont have any avaible HDMI ports on my monitor,so I was wondering can I use my Switch normaly in handheld mode without my dock connected to the monitor and can I charge the Switch and joy cons without the dock?

As a Switch owner, you can just plug the included charger directly into the Switch or just use the dock solely for charging. You can charge the Switch without the dock but you'd have to leave the machine flat on the table since the port is at the bottom

Spoiler
  • CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Motherboard:  MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi
  • RAM:  G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Memory @ 6000MHz
  • Graphics:  Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Ultra W OC 8G-V
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • PSU:  Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O- Wireless @ 1600dpi, 1000Hz
  • DAC: JDS Labs OL DAC
  • AMP: JDS Labs O2 AMP
  • Headphones: Hifiman HE-400I w/ZMF Ori Lambskin pads
  • Soundbar: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana
  • Monitor 1: BenQ EL2870U @ 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
  • Monitor 2ASUS Predator XB252Q @ 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
  • Monitor 3AOC G2460 PQU @ 1080 x 1920, 144Hz

it works fine, but you can also get a converter cable. What port do you have?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yeah you can charge it just fine without the dock or use the dock solely for charging. I bought a spare charger so that I could take it with me and not have to unhook my other charger from the dock. Also, if you wanted to, you could just buy a cheap HDMI switch and cable and bam, More HDMI ports. My TV only has 2 HDMI ports but I have eight consoles and an HTPC connected all at once.