geforce drivers not installing

Ashleyyyy
Go to solution Solved by Ashleyyyy,

ok i booted in safe mode and then it let me install. 

so i'm trying to install the latest geforce drivers for my gtx 690, but they are not installing. 

i'm getting these errors:

Knipsel.PNG.70bd98a9e117597e4785667a5a28c9c7.PNG

i'm running Windows 10. 

(mods if this doesn't belong here feel free to move it)

She/Her

Same issues with GeForce experience?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Same issues with GeForce experience?

geforce experience isn't installing. look at the screenshot. 

i'll provide translations: 

niet geïnstalleerd = not installed

mislukt = failed

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

geforce experience isn't installing. look at the screenshot. 

i'll provide translations: 

niet geïnstalleerd = not installed

mislukt = failed

Not able to install GeForce experience by itself?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Not able to install GeForce experience by itself?

i was able to install geforce experience, but installing the drivers from geforce experience has the same problem. 

Knipsel.PNG.d9565ba5f237b62ca79965df60b58ee0.PNG

She/Her

12 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

for my gtx 690

How's that bad boy holding up? Nearly bought one back in the day but then decided that it wasn't worth it after realizing that I also would have needed to up my psu and change to a bigger case. Kept my 680 instead.

But if I get that correctly the actual driver is getting installed? Is your gpu properly detected by the os? Maybe try a different, older version of the driver package for a start. If that doesnt work you could still try safe mode and so on

3 minutes ago, Silver47 said:

How's that bad boy holding up? Nearly bought one back in the day but then decided that it wasn't worth it after realizing that I also would have needed to up my psu and change to a bigger case. Kept my 680 instead.

i only got it a couple of hours ago xD 

so far it's a beast. with the drivers Windows Update gave me (388 i believe) i was able to get Overwatch all max settings (render scale 100%) (vsync on so limited to 60fps) at 1080p and i used about 50% on both gpu's on the card. 

3 minutes ago, Silver47 said:

But if I get that correctly the actual driver is getting installed? Is your gpu properly detected by the os? Maybe try a different, older version of the driver package for a start. If that doesnt work you could still try safe mode and so on

yes it's detected. the weird thing is it's saying the hd audio driver failed to install but i'm using hdmi audio and it's working fine... 

how do i get into safe mode on Windows 10? 

She/Her

ok i booted in safe mode and then it let me install. 

She/Her