Help with Overclocking

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to PC gaming and a running a budget system (details below), but I want to try overclocking to get the most out of what I have while I save up for upgrades. I really don't know a whole lot about this stuff yet but I'm trying to learn.

Processor: Ryzen 3 2200g with stock cooler

Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-A

Memory: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz

Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD and WD Blue 1TB HDD

GPU: XFX Radeon RX580 8gb Black Edition

PSU: EVGA 600W 80+

Everything I have tried to do on my own in the bios after doing some research and watching videos has ended up in my computer crashing and forcing me to reset to defaults. If anyone could give a beginner some instructions for optimizing performance or just let me know if it's not possible that would be awesome.

I'm somewhat new to this too, so maybe my input is just the blind leading the blind, but what exactly are you trying to achieve in terms of clock speeds on the cpu? Are you running the RAM at it's rated speed or trying to go over that? Also try upping the voltage on the SOC. No more than 1.2v, but the default 1.1v is fairly low from what I understand.

My RAM is rated for 3000 but it is sitting at 2133. SOC Voltage is only 1.062 CPU Voltage is 1.400

I want to try to boost to 3.7 GHz

3 hours ago, thedoor2103 said:

My RAM is rated for 3000 but it is sitting at 2133. SOC Voltage is only 1.062 CPU Voltage is 1.400

I want to try to boost to 3.7 GHz

Try enabling XMP profile for RAM, it should get it running at rated speeds.

Does your PC not boot after setting up the multiplier to 37?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

If your PC crashes after increasing the cpu frequency and voltage, then you're still not providing the cpu with enough voltage yet. From what I can remember AMD does not recommending going past 1.45v while overclocking.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think the 2200g or 2400g would make very good overclockers as they're already utilizing more voltage due to the integrated graphics.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz