Non Tech News - Forever Pizza

MarbleHornets

Now I know that most of the news is placed in tech news, but sometimes news just has to be shared with the rest of the world.

Forever Pizza is the Han-Solo-in-carbonite of the food world. It's a slice of real pizza permanently cocooned in a see-through acrylic brick. It will never get moldy and it will never know what it's like to be eaten. It's pizza for all eternity. Slices come in either pepperoni or plain cheese and each lucite block measures 4.25 x 2.75 x 1.25". Those are some pretty tiny pizza slices. They also cost $200 apiece. The pizza itself comes from Mantis's family's pizzeria, Pizza By Alex in Maine, which specializes in personal-sized, Greek-style pies. You will notice the pizza slices look extra-done. That's because the acrylic darkens the cheese and toppings as it cures. Mantis experimented with ways to make the slices look more appetizing, but decided to leave them as they were.

I honestly don't know what to say about this except that I'm strangely hungry now, but my duties have been done here and do what you will with this new found information.

https://www.cnet.com/news/pizza-slices-encased-in-resin-are-for-looking-not-eating/

https://geekologie.com/2018/11/forever-pizza-pieces-of-real-pizza-encas.php

WINDOWS HAS NOT DETECTED A KEYBOARD

PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

Lmao who would even buy this? It's not even like it would look nice sitting on a shelf somewhere. Plus, couldn't you make this yourself for much, MUCH cheaper than what they're selling it for?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Lmao who would even buy this? It's not even like it would look nice sitting on a shelf somewhere. Plus, couldn't you make this yourself for much, MUCH cheaper than what they're selling it for?

You know, that's a very good question. But you can't question art man, art finds a way *Hipster level 100%*

2 minutes ago, MarbleHornets said:

You know, that's a very good question. But you can't question art man, art finds a way *Hipster level 100%*

Yeah, I feel like the people who are gonna buy this are those "wACkY meMeSTeRs" that think it would be hilarious to have it on a shelf somewhere.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, I feel like the people who are gonna buy this are those "wACkY meMeSTeRs" that think it would be hilarious to have it on a shelf somewhere.

Very true, although I bet it would look pretty good somewhere at LMG Headquaters *AHEM ahem* @allthelmgstaff