10 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of leader is linus

• coercive
    • authoritative
    • affiliative
    • democratic
    • pacesetting

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Nov 30, 2018 at 04:00 AM

leadership deffinitions

The coercive leader demands immediate compliance with their orders. The coercive leader has a style that is best described as: Do what I tell you, or else. The coercive leader accomplishes tasks by bullying and sometimes even demeaning the followers.

An authoritarian leadership style is exemplified when aleader dictates policies and procedures, decides what goals are to be achieved, and directs and controls all activities without any meaningful participation by the subordinates. Such a leader has full control of the team, leaving low autonomy within the group.

The affiliative leader is a master at building relationships. This leadership style is most effective when there is a need to mend bad feelings that may have developed in a group, or to motivate others during times of heavy workload and stress.

Democratic leadership, also known as participative leadership or shared leadership, is a type of leadership style in which members of the group take a more participative role in the decision-making process. This type of leadership can apply to any organization, from private businesses to schools to government.

Pacesetting. In this style, the leader sets high standards for performance. He or she is “obsessive about doing things better and faster, and asks the same of everyone.” But Mr. Goleman warns this style should be used sparingly, because it can undercut morale and make people feel as if they are failing.

2 minutes ago, chasewf said:

leadership deffinitions

The coercive leader demands immediate compliance with their orders. The coercive leader has a style that is best described as: Do what I tell you, or else. The coercive leader accomplishes tasks by bullying and sometimes even demeaning the followers.

An authoritarian leadership style is exemplified when aleader dictates policies and procedures, decides what goals are to be achieved, and directs and controls all activities without any meaningful participation by the subordinates. Such a leader has full control of the team, leaving low autonomy within the group.

The affiliative leader is a master at building relationships. This leadership style is most effective when there is a need to mend bad feelings that may have developed in a group, or to motivate others during times of heavy workload and stress.

Democratic leadership, also known as participative leadership or shared leadership, is a type of leadership style in which members of the group take a more participative role in the decision-making process. This type of leadership can apply to any organization, from private businesses to schools to government.

Pacesetting. In this style, the leader sets high standards for performance. He or she is “obsessive about doing things better and faster, and asks the same of everyone.” But Mr. Goleman warns this style should be used sparingly, because it can undercut morale and make people feel as if they are failing.

I'd say somewhere between affilliative and democratic.

This is fairly good video to see about that. From employees themselves.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Only people who personally know Mr. Sebastian can say which category he falls under.
Us viewers only see a small portion of his life. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

5 minutes ago, xKyric said:

Us viewers only see a small portion of his life. 

You know it!

One side of him is his "On Air" personality and the other is private.

I bet even if he was richer then we all think, he would still drive a "Joe Smoo" vehicle to park and do some vids to see how much he is struggling, more Amazon Affliate buys, more donations, more Floatplane, more merch sales, etc etc etc etc etc

The act needs to played full bore!

I voted all 5 cuz I can. XD 

22 hours ago, Canada EH said:

One side of him is his "On Air" personality and the other is private.

I bet even if he was richer then we all think, he would still drive a "Joe Smoo" vehicle to park and do some vids to see how much he is struggling, more Amazon Affliate buys, more donations, more Floatplane, more merch sales, etc etc etc etc etc

I can't see Linus doing that. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

6 hours ago, xKyric said:

I can't see Linus doing that. 

The lively-hood of him and the employee's.

Rather then drive his Mercedes Benz he will drive that "family" vehicle and of course keep the pink lambo around for a talking piece.