Streaming and playing with shadow.tech

andybeech

Hi I was looking at shadow.tech which allows you to play games on a remote pc without needing decent hardware. Here is my thoughts if I was to use shadow.tech to play games on would I be able to then stream on my pc without it affecting the performance of the game as it’s being streamed from the site. My speed is 220mbps download and 22mbps upload.

I do have enough hardware to stream and play without the site but was interested in this way. 

Thanks

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Normally should work, your best bet is to make a teststream on twitch, without going life for viewers

3 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Normally should work, your best bet is to make a teststream on twitch, without going life for viewers

Thanks yea what I would do was just thinking of the idea as seems good that you can play games anywhere on any hardware. Debating whether shadow is better or local hardware is more stable.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

look into geforce now. it's great and because it's in beta it's free atm

There shadow play? Might give that another go since I upgraded my cpu and that.

1 minute ago, andybeech said:

There shadow play? Might give that another go since I upgraded my cpu and that.

Just took a look, it seems like it doesn't. but geforce now isn't that recource heavy as far as I know. so maybe that and obs will work?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Just took a look, it seems like it doesn't. but geforce now isn't that recource heavy as far as I know. so maybe that and obs will work?

Ok I’ll take a look tonight at it see what else there is, in two minds really currently got 2 pc setup but it’s the issues of sound and resolution that keep having issues with so want something more easier to setup. Using streamlabs currently.

9 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Shadowplay from geforce worked but when viewing twitch stream on mobile it was black but when play it back after it showed perfect. I did get some weird lag as well when I was streaming using obs but not sure if this was just a technical issue I had as worked fine last week.