Assassin Creed III 2560x1080(21:9) FIX

MehRepublic

Here a fix for Assassin Creed III on 2560x1080 or more accurately running in 21:9 aspect ratio(working on any resolution)

http://www.wsgfmedia.com/jackfuste/Assassins%20Creed%203/AC3SP.7z

-originally posted by jackfuste on widescreengamingforum(wsgf) 

somehow this only work on steam version, im not sure for uplay version if someone can get around with it let me know

this will change the resolution and aspect ratio automatically, u cant change it in game, but the other graphical setting still work

*pre-render cut scene(ex. the first) one it will be cut to 21:9 form the original 16:9

*most ingame cutscene will work in 21:9 with the extra hor+

AND dont forget to copy the original AC3SP.exe to another location and paste this ^^ .exe on the directory(dont replace or delete the original .exe)

if u want to play back on the original aspect ratio(16:9) use the original .exe again

AND dont forget to make a copy of ur save game to another location as a backup

Thank to user jackfuste to making this possible, also making AC4 working on this aspect ratio on the newer patch

Now if someone know how to remove bow in AC3 let me know(latest patch) and change the fov in this game..

A fix to what?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

can you explain your problem more?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Assassin's Creed games have always ran at 16:9 aspect ratio. I hate those black lines on the top and bottom of my 16:10 monitor.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

done so many things, it does fix the things yet(flawless widescreen,widescreen fixer,confiq)

if it is possible to run on triple screen without black bar on the SIDE, y not the in 21:9?

running at 75hz(60hz default) at lower res than 2560x1080 will make it full screen, no black bar, not stretch whatsoever..

but it so low feel like playing at 720p, and tried to change thing 2560x1080 75hz messing with confiq and gpu driver, things just not work, black bar on the both side

any insight about this?

found the solution at last, but the way, rather feel like ac4, pirate-like

now i can run ac3 and ac4 on 2560x1080,

thank u since u guys help alot(maybe?)

* i will update the thread later for anyone revision

found the solution at last, but the way, rather feel like ac4, pirate-like

now i can run ac3 and ac4 on 2560x1080,

thank u since u guys help alot(maybe?)

* i will update the thread later for anyone revision

How you make it to work?

Desktop - Core i5 2500k@4.2ghz | Gigabyte ga-p67a-ud3-b3 | 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Gskill | EVGA GTX 660 ti SC

OCZ Vertex 4 128gb + HD 1.6tb | Seasonic S12II 620w | CM 690 II Advanced | Logitech x-230 | Dell u2311h

How you make it to work?

gimme some time to test multiple thing to make sure this things work, i will update dont worry

even if u didnt have a 21:9 monitor, u can still run at this resolution to try thing :)

• 9 months later...

Hey, sorry for necroposting, but I got that .exe to work with the non-Steam version of the game. :)

First of all: Thank you MehRepublic for sharing this solution. Now i can finally play the game again without being upset about those nasty black bars all the time.

You simply have to copy the 'steam_api.dll' and the 'steam_appid.txt' from another steam game of yours and paste them into the Assassin's Creed III game directory (where your AC3SP.exe is).

Then you have to change the 'steam_appid.txt' to '208480'.

Those files are at '
Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\'ANY STEAM GAME'\Binaries\Win32'

I used the 'steam_api.dll' from Arkham City GOTY and everything worked fine.

I hope I could help make the game playworthy again for some of you. :)

EDIT: after checking wsgf.com again I realised, that jackfuste already uploaded a .exe for uplay. (http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=150851#p150851)

• 5 years later...