considering upgrading my monitors (3 of them) to ones that support G and freesync

thehardwarehacker

hello all, ive been considering some potential upgrades for my setup, and according to my research, my titan Xs support Gsync, so i decided that i might get some monitors that support it. my current monitors are asus PA248Qs:

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/PA248Q/overview/

i got these years ago, because at the time, they were the monitors i could get that had displayport, and they are LED backlit. at current im considering some other system changes, these hit me as something that i could change, and potentially see the most tangible difference.

i would say my budget is about $300 per monitor,($1000 for all 3) as thats what i paid for these PA248Qs.

as far as total requirements go beside G/freesync, and displayport, and LED backlit, the monitor needs to be vesa compatible and weigh 25 LBS or less (rated total weight for my monitor arms) 24inch

if you made it this far, GREAT, thanks for reading, and i welcome your recommendations.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

what size?

24 inch. ill edit that in the main post.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

thanks for the list. ill sort through this, and see what i like.

i looked through those, and also did my own digging, and came across these 2 models:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/483999/vp247qg-236-full-hd-75hz-vga-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor

http://www.microcenter.com/product/484761/vp278qg-27-full-hd-75hz-vga-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor

they seem to have what im looking for, but do you, or anyone else have experience with them?

i believe i found the monitor im going to upgrade to.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/503505/kg271u-27-wqhd-144hz-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor

its within my price range, granted it ups my resolution to 1440, but that my be something i cant avoid, other than that, it has all the features im looking for.