What GPU should I buy?

WhiteKnight

Specs.

Phantom 820

asrock z77 extreme4

8gb corsair vengeance

NZXT hale-90 850w

I was going to just buy a gtx 660ti, but then I realized the performance of the 7950. I like the 7950, but it is hard to find a good looking design from all of the companies to choose from, and I am worried about the loss of phyx on the graphics card. What do you think would be the best GPU for my system, and what model should I buy?

Number one, what is your budget ?

Number two, what sort of design look are you looking for (color scheme and so on)

Number three, you shouldn't worry about PhysX, your CPU can more than capable of PhysX, in fact in borderlands 2 running PhysX on a 3770K + a 7970 results in more frame rates than running PhysX on a GTX 680, so even with the Nvidia optimizations an AMD card + a CPU are faster .

PhysX.png

http://www.techspot.com/review/577-borderlands-2-performance/page5.html

Go for the 7950, get the XFX Double D, the dual fan Sapphire or the MSI Twin Frozr 7950

I had the same choice to make, but I went with the 660 Ti because I have had good experiences with Nvidia in the past and wanted to stick with them. Mine is still running great.

But right now the 7950 beats the 660 Ti. Physx is nice in the Nvidia 660Ti, but you can always just run it on your CPU.

BTW have you already bought the parts you listed? If you haven't you can get a lower wattage PSU to save money. I am running my i7 2700K and 660Ti(both overclocked) with a 520W PSU and it is more than enough.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

7950, from MSI or ASUS. Also I am aware you did not ask this but want to comment on your build. 3770k is only better than the 3570k if you are doing editing of some sort. They are almost identical for gaming purposes. The Phantom 630 is almost a $100 cheaper for only the loss of the led lighting system and a slightly better fan controller. However the 630 has a more modular hard drive tray as well as 2 ssd mounts behind the motherboard. Look at hardware cancuks review on youtube for both cases. Finally you can get a 850w 80 plus platinum from Kingwin for only $110. Overall a good build, very similar to the one I am soon building. Hope this helps

The XFX DD 7950 looks pretty good, you also get lifetime warranty with it .

Other good 7950s include the MSI Twinfrozr, HIS IceQ & Sapphire Dual-X

7950, from MSI or ASUS. Also I am aware you did not ask this but want to comment on your build. 3770k is only better than the 3570k if you are doing editing of some sort. They are almost identical for gaming purposes. The Phantom 630 is almost a $100 cheaper for only the loss of the led lighting system and a slightly better fan controller. However the 630 has a more modular hard drive tray as well as 2 ssd mounts behind the motherboard. Look at hardware cancuks review on youtube for both cases. Finally you can get a 850w 80 plus platinum from Kingwin for only $110. Overall a good build, very similar to the one I am soon building. Hope this helps
More specific on gpu

MSI twin frozr OC

Sapphire Vapor-x

Asus Directcuii

It's all good, my phantom 820 was 50 dollars off, so was the psu, the 3770k is 100 dollars off. WTF i have no idea how i did this. I want the xfx 7950, but the getting the msi would help me with my ocd on using afterburner.

I want to record youtube videos, while running a minecraft server, while playing a game. Do you think this is a good setup for that? I will probably buy another stick of 8gb to increase speed using dual channel. I will be using a gigabyte ethernet cable, although I doubt my router has anywhere near gigabyte, although it is a high end router.

I love this forum, all you guys just want to help and I get great response time. THANK YOU