Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB installation help

justin2926
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
10 minutes ago, justin2926 said:

This is is probably a stupid question but how do you install a thermaltake riing 12 rgb onto an inwin 301? I’m using the short screw and it doesn’t want to screw onto the fan. I’m scared to force screw it in. The instructions are only for how to plug it into the fan controller.

If they are the small self tapping screws they can take a bit of force since they need to cut the threads directly into the plastic frame.

This is is probably a stupid question but how do you install a thermaltake riing 12 rgb onto an inwin 301? I’m using the short screw and it doesn’t want to screw onto the fan. It has no threads. The instructions are only for how to plug it into the fan controller.

10 minutes ago, justin2926 said:

This is is probably a stupid question but how do you install a thermaltake riing 12 rgb onto an inwin 301? I’m using the short screw and it doesn’t want to screw onto the fan. I’m scared to force screw it in. The instructions are only for how to plug it into the fan controller.

If they are the small self tapping screws they can take a bit of force since they need to cut the threads directly into the plastic frame.

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Thanks! I got kinda scared haha.

24 minutes ago, justin2926 said:

Thanks! I got kinda scared haha.

If you notice it’s really struggling to cut you can screw it in until it gets difficult and then back I off a half or quarter turn before continuing.