My pc isn’t booting into windows directly

MMVatrix

Hi, so about a week ago I built my first pc, and it works great! Except for the fact that whenever I turn it on it goes into bios instead of windows, so that just adds hassle and 2 minutes to booting my computer, and i was wondering if anyone could help me. Also this might be of note, when I was building my pc I used a new 2tb hardrive, and an old 750 gig hard drive ( that was probably broken, but wanted to test out)

SPECS:

- intel core I7-8700k
-msi geforce 1060 gtx 
-gigabyte aorus z370 gaming 7 
-seagate barracuda 2TB
-NZXT kraken x62 280 mm AIO
-fractal design meshify c case
-Corsair RM750x PSU

Afaik I only had this issue when my pc couldnt detect a drive during post so did you try a if it happens with only the old one / only the new one / regardless of which one is in

Are your changes in BIOS stay the same after reboot when you turn off computer completely? If no - this is battery problem (I found that problem even on one new motherboard). Strange but happens.

If changes are saved and still bios is entering instead of boot - do you have any SMART monitoring enabled in BIOS? I'm sure you have, because it's always default ON, but you say that you have old HDD. So disable SMART check of your HDD.

Are you sure that you configure everything? Modern motherboards has lot of settings and if this is your first build, you should spend some time to configure BIOS. Set everything - XMP, boot order, SATA type etc.

And by the way - it's really nice configuration paired with classic HDD. It's really waste of computer power. Buy an SSD!