No Display on newly upgraded system.

Prodias

I recently upgraded my existing, (and aging) AMD FX 6300 build. I replaced the Motherboard and processor with an AMD R5 2600 and a GIGABYTE AX370-GAMING-K5 with built in RGB Acid trip lights, I also got more RAM in the form of an 8GB and 4GB stick of Team Group TPD44G2133HC15Bk DDR4. Additionally I have a corsair 500w Power supply and an R9 270x that I'm reusing until GPU stock and pricing returns from the moon. There are no drives currently installed but I plan on having 2 120GB SSDs in raid and a few spare 500GB drives for my games. Everything else is on a storage server.

The issue is that according to the Error LEDs on the motherboard, the PC makes it through the CPU and DRAM self tests, but gets stuck or has an error on the GPU, and I get no display output. I've already tried swapping the GPU (which is known good) for a 750ti (also known good) to see if that was the issue, to no avail. And I've tried changing out the ram for a pair of 4GB sticks. Also interesting to note is my motherboard box has a sticker on it that says "Ryzen 2000 ready," which I would assume means it has had it's BIOS updated, because it looks like it was added after the fact. Anyone have any further troubleshooting tips or should I send the board back and get an x470 board to remove the chance the board is the issue?

have you tried the gpu in all pci-e X16 slots? 

She/Her

That motherboard should have a built-in HDMI port, you should unplug the graphics card and plug your monitor into that. See if it boots then. If it does, boot into windows and update the drivers for everything.

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

55 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

have you tried the gpu in all pci-e X16 slots? 

I did, no dice.

54 minutes ago, Kdog said:

That motherboard should have a built-in HDMI port, you should unplug the graphics card and plug your monitor into that. See if it boots then. If it does, boot into windows and update the drivers for everything.

The 2600 has no iGPU so I can't really test this.

1 hour ago, Prodias said:

I did, no dice.

that's odd.. 

did you try that with both gpu's? 

and maybe have a look at the manual of the board to see if the memory configuration you have is the recommended configuration etc. 

She/Her

10 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

that's odd.. 

did you try that with both gpu's? 

and maybe have a look at the manual of the board to see if the memory configuration you have is the recommended configuration etc. 

Yes, I've also tried various combinations of my available dimms and different slot placements, the manual is a little unclear, but the board seems to indicate that the ram configuration is OK via the LED.

2 minutes ago, Prodias said:

Yes, I've also tried various combinations of my available dimms and different slot placements, the manual is a little unclear, but the board seems to indicate that the ram configuration is OK via the LED.

i would return it at this point.. either the board is broken or it doesn't have the updated bios.. but since you said the ryzen 2000 ready sticker was on it i would say it's broken. 

She/Her