Black Screen when Graphics Card under load

Go to solution Solved by Throndrache606,

Found the problem! The card didn't recieved the nessecary power. So I downloaded MSI Afterburner and turned the power limit all the way up and now it works fine!

Yesterday (4.5.2018) I played around 4 hours and everything was alright but after 3 hours of cs:go my graphics card randomly gave me black screen and my monitor instantly went into power saving mode.

I rebooted my pc and after another hour of playing pubg resulted in the same problem. But after a reboot I coudn't play any game. I could start pubg and cs:go but when I wanted to start a round it crashes in approximately 30sec. I stopped it with a stopwatch. For some reason I can play games like starbound.When I get a blackscreen the Pc still runs for about 3min and then reboots into Windows. Graphics Card temps stay under 70°C and I didn't overclocked it.  I have the pc since 3 weeks now.

What I already tried:

- BIOS reset

- Other PCIe slot

- Driver reinstalling

- Older Drivers

But nothing helped me.

If I can try anything that can help let me know and I will try it!

My pc: 

CPU: i5-8600k @4.3Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb @3000Mhz
Graphics Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 OC (Drivers: 397.31)
CPU-Cooler: AeroCool Project 7 P7-L240
Case: NZXT Source S340 Elite black
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250Gb
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda Compute 2TB

Does anybody know a solution to this?

17 minutes ago, Throndrache606 said:

Yesterday (4.5.2018) I played around 4 hours and everything was alright but after 3 hours of cs:go my graphics card randomly gave me black screen and my monitor instantly went into power saving mode.

I rebooted my pc and after another hour of playing pubg resulted in the same problem. But after a reboot I coudn't play any game. I could start pubg and cs:go but when I wanted to start a round it crashes in approximately 30sec. I stopped it with a stopwatch. For some reason I can play games like starbound.When I get a blackscreen the Pc still runs for about 3min and then reboots into Windows. Graphics Card temps stay under 70°C and I didn't overclocked it.  I have the pc since 3 weeks now.

What I already tried:

- BIOS reset

- Other PCIe slot

- Driver reinstalling

- Older Drivers

But nothing helped me.

If I can try anything that can help let me know and I will try it!

My pc: 

CPU: i5-8600k @4.3Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb @3000Mhz
Graphics Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 OC (Drivers: 397.31)
CPU-Cooler: AeroCool Project 7 P7-L240
Case: NZXT Source S340 Elite black
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250Gb
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda Compute 2TB

Does anybody know a solution to this?

Games like starbound don't put a strain on the GFX card.

I'd be willing to bet either the power supply isn't providing enough power for when the GFX card is under load, or the GFX card is bad.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

58 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Games like starbound don't put a strain on the GFX card.

I'd be willing to bet either the power supply isn't providing enough power for when the GFX card is under load, or the GFX card is bad.

Thanks for the help but I don't think that this a problem. When it is a problem then why didn't it happend it to me the day before? I think it's the GFX card but it only gives me blackscreen when over approximately 50% load and I don't know why!?

1 hour ago, Throndrache606 said:

Thanks for the help but I don't think that this a problem. When it is a problem then why didn't it happend it to me the day before? I think it's the GFX card but it only gives me blackscreen when over approximately 50% load and I don't know why!?

Dumb question...

where did you buiy the video card? Perhaps it's a counterfeit one? 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Dumb question...

where did you buiy the video card? Perhaps it's a counterfeit one? 

I bought it at this online shop https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/product.php/asus+geforce+gtx+1070+strix+rog+oc+8gb+gddr5+grafikkarte

The site is german. Maybe you can read. Ich dont know if it's a counterfeit because the reviews are all good.

Found the problem! The card didn't recieved the nessecary power. So I downloaded MSI Afterburner and turned the power limit all the way up and now it works fine!