Random sleep and hibernation + front panel issues

Stacker4567

My computer will randomly go to sleep/hibernate (I can’t tell which) even while I’m doing work. 

I decided to to replace the power supply to see if that might fix it, but now the front panel connectors are not working. If I press the power switch on the MB, computer boots to windows successfully.  I have tried bridging the front panel connector of the MB and it still does not boot. 

Could my motherboard be what’s causing my system trouble? If so, how do I confirm?  Are the random sleep/hibernation occurrences resultin from something else? (I think it’s sage to rule out the processor being to hot, because it is water cooled and runs well until the sleep/hibernate issue pops up.)

MSI A88X-G45

Have you taken a look at the event log?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

22 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Have you taken a look at the event log?

Not yet - I hadn’t considered that yet. That may point to the sleep/hibernate issue, but not the front panel pin connector failure, right? 

What should I be looking for in the log?

try to find what was going on when your computer goes to hibernation.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition