Galaxy S8 Battery Life

So I recently upgraded to an Samsung Galaxy S8 and noticed something odd right out of the box sitting in idle for most of the day my battery barely lasts through one day.  I pulled up the battery meter to see which app is sucking it dry and there are only 2 apps listed that are using any amount above 0.0% per hour.  I started the day at 97% and it is now 8:55PM my time and the battery is sitting at 48% after sitting idle all day at work.  Is this the norm for the Galaxy S8?  Also any ideas on how to slow the battery drain?  I have had the phone for less than two weeks.

App Spotlight - 0.05% - came pre-installed

Boost Deals - 0.02% - came pre-installed

Biggest idling battery drains I've found on my Note 8 are Wifi and Bluetooth which I both keep off unless needed.  Also make sure you are not on High Performance mode; instead choose "Optimized".  Still seems like something is off with that idle battery usage.  Is it a brand new phone?

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 1:09 AM, MegaTechPC said:

Biggest idling battery drains I've found on my Note 8 are Wifi and Bluetooth which I both keep off unless needed.  Also make sure you are not on High Performance mode; instead choose "Optimized".  Still seems like something is off with that idle battery usage.  Is it a brand new phone?

It is a brand new phone ordered directly off the Boost Mobile website.  When I go into the battery options it has a section for "power saving mode" with options for "off, mid, or max".  Right now I have it on the default which is "off".  Is "off" the equivalent of "high performance"?.

Even on the current setting of "off" the phone will routinely put apps to sleep.

If it drains 50% battery on idle there is something wrong. This is comparable to my old xperia z1 when its battery started to go bad. (4-5 years on original battery).