Omni ROM refuses to install on my HTC One AT&T

_ASSASSIN_

I'm trying to flash 4.4.2 Omni rom on my device. It's listed above. I have tried both the m7ul and the m7att and both don't work.

what happens is I get an error saying set_metadata_recursive some changes failed.

anything as to what to do and what is causing this error?

using TWRP to flash this all.

I'm trying to flash 4.4.2 Omni rom on my device. It's listed above. I have tried both the m7ul and the m7att and both don't work.

what happens is I get an error saying set_metadata_recursive some changes failed.

anything as to what to do and what is causing this error?

using TWRP to flash this all.

Use clockworkmod. And Reset factory data and format system. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache. Then Install. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Use clockworkmod. And Reset factory data and format system. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache. Then Install. 

I have also tried clockwork mod before I used twrp, didn't work

I have also tried clockwork mod before I used twrp, didn't work

did you try formatting system and userdata?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

did you try formatting system and userdata?

no shit dude I have install custom roms all the time I know what I'm doing

no shit dude I have install custom roms all the time I know what I'm doing

No seriously. I have had this trouble before. formatting system has worked for me. 

No seriously. I have had this trouble before. formatting system has worked for me. 

wait, so when did you format the system in the entire process? before you did it? also when you flash the rom it should automatically format the system.

wait, so when did you format the system in the entire process? before you did it? also when you flash the rom it should automatically format the system.

I formatted system before I flashed the rom. Also I was looking around in this XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516253

Many have stated that a updated CWM recovery works. TWRP requires some patch. 

I formatted system before I flashed the rom. Also I was looking around in this XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516253

I'm currently running the latest version of TWRP, but I'll try that, see what happens

well crap that didn't help, still comes up with the same issue. BUT here's the catch, this is the error that comes up

set_metadata_recursive: some changes fails

E: Error executing updater binary in zip ' /data/

well crap that didn't help, still comes up with the same issue. BUT here's the catch, this is the error that comes up

set_metadata_recursive: some changes fails

E: Error executing updater binary in zip ' /data/

hmm... is your s-off?

hmm... is your s-off?

nope, don't even want to bother with that, I have to go all the way back to 4.1.2, the very first stock rom to do that and I really have no need to do it anyways.

nope, don't even want to bother with that, I have to go all the way back to 4.1.2, the very first stock rom to do that and I really have no need to do it anyways.

Actually with moonshine you don't have to anymore. You can use any rom with unsercured kernel aka root access to ADB. I used cyanogen to do my. :D

did i say Moonshine. Ooops I meant Rumrunner.

http://rumrunner.us/

Actually with moonshine you don't have to anymore. You can use any rom with unsercured kernel aka root access to ADB. I used cyanogen to do my. :D

I tried that, didn't do it for me

k.. but how will this help me exactly? all S-OFF is for is just to load custom firmware.

S-Off also allows you to change the CID of your phone. You can go from the ATT version to the Developer edition which gets updates very fast. Also restoring your phone becomes very easy with s-off incase you need to go the stock ROM.