Question about a closed loop for GPU

I was thinking about getting water cooling for my parts and started doing some maths. it would cost me more to make a custom water cooling loop for my setup than to go with the option below, but i was confused if it would work or not.

Using the NZXT Kraken G12 (https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-black) for my GPU, then place one of the supported AIO CPU coolers into the mount on the G12. i was also most likley going to get a Corsair H60 120mm AIO for my CPU.

Kraken G12: $20

Supported AIO Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series 105 240mm cooler $150

CPU AIO: ~$90

12 minutes ago, macro1 said:

I was thinking about getting water cooling for my parts and started doing some maths. it would cost me more to make a custom water cooling loop for my setup than to go with the option below, but i was confused if it would work or not.

Using the NZXT Kraken G12 (https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-black) for my GPU, then place one of the supported AIO CPU coolers into the mount on the G12. i was also most likley going to get a Corsair H60 120mm AIO for my CPU.

Kraken G12: $20

Supported AIO Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series 105 240mm cooler $150

CPU AIO: ~$90

The H60 will not work as it doesn't use the Astek design, your going to want to look at something like the H75. 

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Cooling/Single-Radiator/Hydro-Series™-H75-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060015-WW

30 minutes ago, macro1 said:

The H60 is for my CPU, which is an AM4 board. 

The 240mm cooler would be more effective on the CPU with the smaller 120mm or 140mm on the GPU. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

The 240mm cooler would be more effective on the CPU with the smaller 120mm or 140mm on the GPU. 

Im not overclocking my CPU, it stays well under moderate temperatures with the stock cooler and there isnt space in my case for a 240mm radiator. i just need to know whether or not the G12 is going to fit on my 1060, and will the H105 Cooler fit on the G12?

6 minutes ago, macro1 said:

Im not overclocking my CPU, it stays well under moderate temperatures with the stock cooler and there isnt space in my case for a 240mm radiator. i just need to know whether or not the G12 is going to fit on my 1060, and will the H105 Cooler fit on the G12?

If you don't have a space for a 240mm AIO, the H105 has a 240mm rad. 

The G12 should fit for most applications, so it shouldn't have a problem. You will need to make sure the VRM and RAM has heatsinking however with the main cooler removed. 

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you don't have a space for a 240mm AIO, the H105 has a 240mm rad. 

The G12 should fit for most applications, so it shouldn't have a problem. You will need to make sure the VRM and RAM has heatsinking however with the main cooler removed. 

correction on my other statement: the space for fans next to the CPU  is only 120mm whereas my front panel connector has 240mm which is where im putting the H105 rad

Just now, macro1 said:

correction on my other statement: the space for fans next to the CPU  is only 120mm whereas my front panel connector has 240mm which is where im putting the H105 rad

You don't really need a 240mm AIO for the GPU if you would like you can in most cases a 120-140mm is more than effective for cooling. Compared to a CPU a larger rad is good for better cooling potential but since your not overclocking it don't see much gain. 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

You don't really need a 240mm AIO for the GPU if you would like you can in most cases a 120-140mm is more than effective for cooling. Compared to a CPU a larger rad is good for better cooling potential but since your not overclocking it don't see much gain. 

im not overclocking my CPU, but i am overclocking my GPU, which is why i was looking at a larger rad

2 hours ago, macro1 said:

im not overclocking my CPU, but i am overclocking my GPU, which is why i was looking at a larger rad

It’s up to you but even overclocked a single rad will be enough for a GPU. As always more doesn’t hurt.