Ran into an odd problem. Help if possible please

Dudenstein

So I'm having some issues with my set up. If anyone here can help that would be great. I am using my Aorus x5 MD as my daily driver right now and I am trying to connect it to my two 1080p monitors. The HDMI port is working just fine as I have one monitor currently connected to that. For the other monitor I'm trying to connect it to the mini-DP 1.3 port in my laptop as such: laptop mini-DP 1.3 -> mini-DP to HDMI adapter -> HDMI -> monitor. I am not getting a signal from that port. I have tested the adapter and HDMI cables with other devices and they work. I can use the mini-DP port of my laptop to the adapter to hdmi to my tv and that works as well. I tested the DP with the adapter on both monitors and i get no signal. Both monitors can connect to the laptop via HDMI no issues but the laptop only has one HDMI out.

If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hit windows key + p and select extended. If that doesn't work then idk what will.

4 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Hit windows key + p and select extended. If that doesn't work then idk what will.

Unfortunately that doesn't do anything. The laptop won't detect the third monitor that I'm trying to connect to via miniDP to HDMI. Thanks for the suggestion though

I'll only be bumping this once. Anyone have any clue? Do I need some type of active adapter or something?