AMVA+ vs IPS panel (for gaming and videos)?

Lumlit
Hi there, I'm planning to buy a new 1440p monitor and currently I have a PLS monitor. I usually stick with IPS type panels as I'm more into the colour accuracy/reproduction but now I'm just wondering how does AMVA+ stand up today? I've heard AMVA has improved and even can be better than IPS by today's standards but I've never used an AV panel before and last time I heard was that AMVA has better black/white contrasts but lower colour accuracy than IPS. I'm primarily just using it for gaming and general video watching so nothing professional but do love colours.

I'm pulling this out of TFT Central for AMVA:

Positives

• Contrast ratios very high with >3000:1 common in practice

• Response times adequate for most users and vastly improved over older generations of MVA

• 8-bit colour depth

• Some non- AUO manufactured versions now support 120Hz refresh rate

• Some non- AUO manufactured versions paired with blur reduction backlights

Negatives

• Response time still normally slow compared with TN Film and IPS offerings.

• Off-centre contrast shift inherent to all MVA panel generations. Not ideal for colour critical work

• Viewing angles not as wide as IPS/PLS. Some improvements in very recent generations

• No current 10-bit panels

And for IPS

Positives

• Viewing angles are widest of the technologies. Reduced contrast and colour shift. Freedom from off-centre contrast shift seen from VA matrices

• Response times of modern generations now very good, better than VA

• AHVA versions can now support 144Hz refresh rates

• First panels to be paired with blur reduction technologies now available

• 10-bit panels available

Negatives

• Limited support for native 120Hz+ refresh rates compared with TN Film panels. Expect further uptake from LG.Display and Samsung to rival AUO's offering

• Older variants criticised for grainy AG coating

• Distracting white glow from an angle when viewing dark content (IPS glow)

Edited by M.Yurizaki

@RandomGuy13 Thanks for the acknowledgment. I'm also gonna post a new thread sometime about a ideal monitor to look for.
At the moment I have a Qnix2710 I've been using for 2 years and its PLS panel+overclock has nice colours when watching and gaming. Never tried VA before and I'm planning to get the Crossover 32SS which has a AMVA+ panel.

@M.Yurizaki Cheers! The comparison has made it more better for me to understand. Where I'm from we don't have vast monitors on display at tech shops compared to TVs

2 hours ago, Lumlit said:

@RandomGuy13 Thanks for the acknowledgment. I'm also gonna post a new thread sometime about a ideal monitor to look for.
At the moment I have a Qnix2710 I've been using for 2 years and its PLS panel+overclock has nice colours when watching and gaming. Never tried VA before and I'm planning to get the Crossover 32SS which has a AMVA+ panel.

@M.Yurizaki Cheers! The comparison has made it more better for me to understand. Where I'm from we don't have vast monitors on display at tech shops compared to TVs

Most high end samsung TV's are actually VA panels. If you pick up the Pixio PX347c like i did it actually has a Samsung VA panel.

Main PC: i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i V2 |  ASUS Prime Z370-A  | Corsair Carbide 540 | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 | 16GB G.Skill Flare X @ 3200Mhz | 500GB Samsung 960 Evo | Seasonic Prime Ultra 650W | Dell S2417DG