LSI 9311 Trouble flashing.

Rest_Assured

I started running into issues in freenas on this card about 24 hours after installing it and setting up a pool and a couple VMs. Freenas completely locked up and the console threw several errors. I rebooted and the LSI card stated the it was unable to load.

MPT BIOS fault 0Dh encountered at adapter PCI(...)

I went online and found there may have been an issue with older firmware and went to update. I made an EFI bootable usb that took me to the EFI shell and ran "sas3flash.efi -c 0 -b mpt3x64.rom from the SAS3_UEFI_BSD_P14" package. But, this too threw an error.

Chip is not operational. Please provide Firmware.

I then tried flashing both IT and IR firmware from 9311_8i_Package_P15_IR_IT_FW_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows. via sas3flash.efi -o -f SAS9300_8i_IT.bin but get an error as well.

Chip is in RESET state. Attempting Host Boot...
Firmware Host Boot Failed.

I think i'm stuck with a DOA card, or me fiddling around flashing the card wiped it irreversibly. Anyone with experience able to jump in on this?

Thanks!

Sounds dead to me, usually updating the firmware is simple and just works. If it had faulted during or after the firmware update I would question if that broke it but for it to just fail during normal operation that is most likely a hardware fault and it's dead.