Windows 10 Boot Issue

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with booting windows 10 recently?

I noticed that recently that my PC will boot past bios and potentially lock up either on the lock screen or just after getting past the lock screen. Essentially I cant use the mouse/keyboard during this time and need to hard power cycle. It doesn't happen every time and once booted i don't have lock ups or issues during use. I have turned off fast start and initially thought through searching that that was the issue, but it has come back again.

Specs

i7-5820K

MSI X99-A SLI PLUS

Samsung 950 Pro

Corsair Vengence 2400Mhz 16GB

Asus Strix 1080

Samsung 850 Evo

WD Blue 1TB

Logitech G910 Keyboard

Logitech G502 Mouse

14 minutes ago, Joshndroid said:

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with booting windows 10 recently?

I noticed that recently that my PC will boot past bios and potentially lock up either on the lock screen or just after getting past the lock screen. Essentially I cant use the mouse/keyboard during this time and need to hard power cycle. It doesn't happen every time and once booted i don't have lock ups or issues during use. I have turned off fast start and initially thought through searching that that was the issue, but it has come back again.

Specs

i7-5820K

MSI X99-A SLI PLUS

Samsung 950 Pro

Corsair Vengence 2400Mhz 16GB

Asus Strix 1080

Samsung 850 Evo

WD Blue 1TB

Logitech G910 Keyboard

Logitech G502 Mouse

I have had the exact same issue. Win Ver 1709 Build 16299.192. Oddly appeared after two updates were installed 1/10 (MSRT and the "Feature Update"). The KB4056892 for the Meltdown was installed on 1/4 where I did get 2-BSOD but rectified itself after reboot and I verified the installation with powershell. The boot issue gets to the windows splash screen and just stops. After a hard reset it behaves as you described.