Starting to mine, need a few answers

Hi everyone,

I started mining this weekend with a 1070 and a 970.

I tried using claymore and ethminer and I get the same rates for ethereum, but ethminer is simpler, so I stuch with it.

My 970 gets 10Mh/s and the 1070 gets 25Mh/s. I saw some people getting 32Mh/s with 1070, am I doing something wrong?

So I think I need to change the 970 to something else.

I saw that nicehash does the optimization for you, but it had some problems some time ago and i want to ask, is nicehash still working OK and are there some alternatives for it.

Thanks!

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

Nicehash is working just fine right now. I've been using it for a few weeks.

UFD tech uploaded a video detailing a few alternatives to NiceHash.

People that get 32, or even 35Mh/s overclock the graphics card memory, and down clock the GPU frequency. You can do it, but at your own risk.

18 minutes ago, gawax said:

People that get 32, or even 35Mh/s overclock the graphics card memory, and down clock the GPU frequency. You can do it, but at your own risk.

also 35mh/s is achievable when you crank up the power consumption, which is not a good idea if electricity costs are high

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

1 hour ago, gawax said:

I'll try to push it a bit and see what happens. I'll post an update when I get home.

1 hour ago, bughtoo said:

also 35mh/s is achievable when you crank up the power consumption, which is not a good idea if electricity costs are high

Electricity is pretty cheap here, about $0.08 per KW/h

1 hour ago, SaPinYshMaZe said:

Nicehash is working just fine right now. I've been using it for a few weeks.

UFD tech uploaded a video detailing a few alternatives to NiceHash.

Thanks! I watched the video but all other options doesn't seem good.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

4 minutes ago, msvelev said:

Thanks! I watched the video but all other options doesn't seem good.

That was kind of my takeaway also, but wanted to give you a few options. I'm sticking with Nicehash even though I was affected by the previous hack. I really like the simplicity and auto switching.